You are expected to have a strong understanding of the latest industry trends in web development and content management systems, not just WordPress.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to join me to build WordPress sites for clients based on themes our clients may provide. In addition, the developer may be tasked with developing original themes and plugins to support future site development or other commercial activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing new features and functionality in sites our clients ask us to develop, based on supplied specifications and using a supplied theme to speed and standardize delivery.
- Optimizing site performance using tools such as Lighthouse and other page optimization techniques.
- Managing assigned tasks on a simple kanban board effectively and efficiently.
- Developing and managing various checklists and tools to ensure that sites adhere to best practices with regard to speed, search engine optimization, and other criteria.
- Providing other updates via email, Slack, etc. as needed.
- Developing new themes or plugins based on specifications that I provide.
WordPress Developer requirements and qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and/or developing responsive websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development needed to develop custom themes and plugins
- Experience with one or more WordPress form plugins such as Gravity Forms
- Experience with one or more website builder plugins such as Elementor
- Experience with one or more SEO plugins such as Yoast SEO
About Murano Software
Murano About Us
Nearly 20 years ago, Murano Software was founded on the premise of matching world-class software engineers with innovative companies in the United States. Our founders took their software engineering talents and immigrated to the U.S. back when the Internet was first immerging. They quickly recognized that U.S. companies placed a high value on software engineering talent and realized the benefits of matching quality developers with US companies without the need to relocate.
Murano has earned a reputation among the software engineering community as a best-in-class working environment. From the many professional development opportunities (including English language education), our catered sushi lunches, and our famous parties, Murano attracts the brightest and most skilled engineers. In turn, Murano also attracts U.S. companies that recognize the value of Murano’s talent and are willing to offer a level of compensation that is far above the industry average for full-time positions. Like looking through a piece of world-famous “Murano” glass artwork, all sides see are something of value.
DOU company page: