We are looking for a passionate Senior Java Engineer who would like to work with a top-notch technology stack in a friendly and cozy atmosphere for one of the greatest retail companies in the USA.
Why is Nordstrom one of the greatest? Founded in 1901, it prospered through two world wars, the Spanish flu, Great Depression, the 2020 pandemic, and still produces the highest quality products and service for their customers.
Nordstrom is based in Seattle with a technology orientation rooted in Silicon Valley. You will work with the cleverest minds, who are eager to build superb services to match business requirements and win market share.
And then there's Zoolatech! Just imagine a workplace and a team environment that you never want to leave once you have found it. Sound enticing? Apply to our position today and we can get you there.
Speaking about the core of Nordstrom analytics, Nordstrom Data Technology is pivotal to the Nordstrom customer experience. As a Senior Java Engineer, you will own the design and build the next generation of the Nordstrom Data & Analytical Services and deliver on the strategic vision of Customer-focused features and services to enhance “The Nordstrom Customer Service Excellence”.
A Senior Java Engineer is a key part of Nordstrom Technology team that applies scientific, mathematical, and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems, and solutions.
These engineers will be developing and improving data ingest into the Nordstrom Data & Analytical Services to enhance our vertical business analytics and KPI development focused on the Supply Chain development backlog.
You are the perfect candidate if you have an experience in data transformation and modeling.
Technologies used on the project: Java, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Hadoop cluster, AWS, TeraData, Tableau
Location: Ukraine / Europe
- Write clean, maintainable code, perform peer code-reviews
- Be responsible for arch design, writing code, testing, deployment and support of the application
- Partner with team on finding new ways to solve technical and business problems
- Eager to learn new languages and technologies
- Production support activities
- 5+ years with Java
- Working experience with Kafka/any stream-based knowledge
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3...) or with other cloud services platform (GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, monitoring/alerting
- Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing
- Strong SQL
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Classical Data Warehouse, Data structures, Data marked, Data profiling
- Experience with Spark, Scala or Python
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current