The main purpose is to provide L1 support for Client
The JTAC Technical Support Engineer will support Networking products, working directly with our customers and partners.
Work with a highly knowledgeable group of customers and as an escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment and operational phases of networks.
Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation.
Document and reproduce customer related networking problems.
Develop technical specialties and prepare technology white papers on these areas.
Participate in cross-functional tasks such as Knowledgebase article management and other documentation activities. Help improve processes and tools.
Mandatory Skills Description:
• Retains ownership of most customer issues, except for the most complex, and resolves the majority of issues.
• Utilize guidance from manager or more senior engineers for case resolution or escalations.
• Sustain customer satisfaction all along the troubleshooting process.
• Provide professional assistance to our customer via case management.
• Maximize the utilization of CRM tools
• Determinate cases escalation and provide proper escalation summary for next level support.
• Document all troubleshooting activities in Service Request.
• Achieve performance and quality goals.
• Work independently or with minimum supervision.
• Build up the right criteria to determinate actions within the boundaries of the role.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience on Customer Service/Technical support
• Uses logic and common sense when making decisions or taking action toward troubleshooting, reporting, or escalations
• Uses existing rules and procedures to guide actions.
• Consider the continues adaptability needed to sustain world-class services
Focus on Customer
• Asks questions to accurately identify customer needs.
• Seeks feedback from customers.
• Addresses customer needs by involving the right
• people (resources) at the right time (escalations)
• Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved.
• Meets or exceeds customer service needs, and reports barriers
• Proactive attitude
• Asks questions to clarify assignments and priorities.
• Deals with high priority work activities first.
• Makes sure work is done correctly.
• Surfaces problems and issues with speed and accuracy.
• Listens carefully to others.
• Communicates clearly and concisely.
• Provides an appropriate level of detail in communications.
• Keeps others informed.
• Relates to others in an accepting and respectful way, regardless of their personality or background.
• Builds relationships by identifying and talking about common interests and priorities.
• Remains positive and respectful even in difficult situations.
Ethic and integrity
• Meets commitments.
• Does not disclose confidential information.
Adapt and learn
• Recovers quickly from problems and setbacks.
• Deals constructively with mistakes and problems.
• Seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills.
• Accepts and uses feedback, without becoming defensive.
• Good Knowledge of routing, switching and security protocols (Ethernet, VLANs, Spanning Tree)
• Good knowledge of application layer protocols (SNMP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP)
• Good knowledge of Syslog protocol
• Basic knowledge of MPLS, QoS, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, IGMP, VPN protocols, and others
• Good TCP/IP knowledge.
• Good understanding of Security Technologies: IPSec, UTM, DDos, etc.
• Knowledge of C, Python, shell script, Perl is a Plus
• The ideal candidate will be able to analyze sniffer traces and be able to resolve various routing issues
• Basic knowledge of Virtualization tools (VMware)
• Good practical knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Juniper or Cisco certifications are a plus (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS, )
• Ideally, the candidate should have 1+ years of working experience in a network support role
• Excellent team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent client-facing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience in enterprise technical support
• English is a must
• French, Spanish, Russian and/or German is a plus
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
5 May 2022
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni