This role requires a solid professional background in managing project full cycle within a software delivery environment. It presupposes the performance of highly diverse tasks and involves aspects of planning, monitoring and controlling the project from the beginning up to the project completion.
You are going to work with a team of talented, creative experts, who love their projects and do their best to contribute to its development. If you are an ambitious person who knows how web development works, we have a great opportunity for you to reach your full potential and to live out your dream!
- Company goals for the candidate that should be solved.
- Manage fixed-scope and SLA (monthly support) projects
- Own scope for the project and be responsible for the delivery of projects
- Conduct weekly calls and demos to clients
- Minimize deviation from project deadlines
- Minimize deviation between sold hours and utilized hours on company projects
- Take full responsibility for managing project workspaces (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Take full responsibility of resources planning process (Harvest Forecast planning)
- Handling of scope changes and identifying sales opportunities
Measured results based on company goals. They define how the candidate’s success will be measured.
- The team follows the project workflow and it decreased the time for meetings, reports, and management
- Clients receive reports about the progress and status of a project according to initial agreements
- You’re a person who owns projects and can answer any scope related questions (or pass them to the client)
- A deviation from project deadlines is minimized to 5%
- A deviation between sold and utilized hours on a project is minimized to 10%
- Project workspaces are fully managed by a candidate (Jira, Confluence, Harvest, etc)
- Scope change requests management is fully covered by Project Manager and oversees by the leadership
- Potential sales requests are identified by the Project Manager and passed to a sales representative
Required professional skills for being successful with goals and expected results.
- Strong English communication skills (fluent)
- Being ready for a big amount of work and pressure
- Being ready to host meetings outside of local business hours
- Experience in working with a remote team
- Experience in management of the distributed development team
- Experience in working with highly motivated senior-level team members
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Experience translating business requirements to technical requirements and system architecture
- Basic/Good knowledge of Drupal CMS
- Extensive experience with Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence), fully understanding how to set up workspaces, fields, permissions, schemas, etc
- Experience in creating proposals and statements of work
Responsibilities that candidate will have on a daily basis.
- Host scrum meetings and identify what’s been done, what’s in progress and what’s planned
- Communication with clients via Basecamp, Email, GoToMeeting
- Transition all the client’s feedback into Jira tasks and requirements
- Decision-making process what is in scope and what is a feature request
- Setting up the priority for features, tasks, bugs, and defects that may appear on a daily basis
- Control team loading over Harvest Forecast
- Control projects milestones and timelines
- Creating and sending reports to the client about hours burndown
- Creating and sending reports to the company leadership about high-level deviation from sold and utilized hours
- Identify blockers and apprise about them to team and clients
- Log your time on a daily basis to the time tracking tool
- Remote work in the team of professionals or a seat in the coworking space (Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Fair compensation
- 5-day working week, 8-hour working day, flexible schedule
- All the legal public holidays are day offs
- A warm and friendly working environment
- Regular communication with English native speakers
- Work in a professional team distributed across 3 countries
- Team buildings and other sorts of activities
About Five Jars
Five Jars is a full-service web agency with extensive experience in delivering quality products. We use strategy, design, technology, and digital solutions to create value and reach customer's goals.
Five Jars was founded by a group of technology enthusiasts, digital experts, and dreamers to change the digital era. Since then, we gathered together only top technical talent to produce quality products and be as successful as our customers.
Our technical and design teams have expertise and knowledge to rapidly and cost-effectively respond to the critical digital presence needs of the business.
Five Jars team is extremely experienced in Drupal Development, Open Y, Web Analytics, A/B Testing, 3rd party integrations, and overall non-profit business processes. We are strongly committed to the success of customer projects.