We are seeking a Legal Counsel. As a member of MadFish's in-house team, you will handle a variety of legal matters contributing to an IT product company based in Ukraine with the UK jurisdiction.
MadFish is a Ukrainian IT company founded in March, 2017 as an outsourcing business. We have a 3 years successful history of fulfilling outsourcing projects in JS and Blockchain development. Our team won several international blockchain hackathons where our involvement in Tezos began. Since January 1, 2021, MadFish has no longer been providing outsourcing services and has concentrated solely on developing products within the Tezos ecosystem.
Our team behind the launched QuipuSwap DEX and DeFi oriented Templ wallet. Since QuipuSwap launch on March 30, 2021, has recorded tremendous growth to hit US$25 million TVL just 5 months after its initial launch. We have just reached a very important milestone on Templ wallet — there are more than 100 k extension users.
Today our team in number: total workforce - 33, technical - 22, non-technical - 11.
1. Managing legal policy, processes and matters related to IT products business needs.
2. Support business organizations and co-founders on legal issues;
3. Draft agreements and policies.
4. Licensing, and performing legal diligence to support participation in open source projects.
5. Managing compliance with legal obligations.
Requirements for a candidate:
- 4+ years experience providing general legal advice.
- Experience counseling on intellectual property and contract issues related to open source and Blockchain.
- Experience drafting agreements or policies for IT businesses.
- A proven ability to handle a high level of Legal interaction including managing deadlines, and keeping co-founders informed on status is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication (Ukrainian and English), analytical, organizational, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter; comfortable learning new legal areas and skills.
- An ability to understand the DeFi dynamic environment in a short period of time.
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
- An ability to manage projects with deadlines.
Would be an advantage:
- An ability to immerse deeply in new technology;
- Strong knowledge of blockchain, cryptocurrency ecosystems;
- Rich technical understanding of how blockchain works.
We are offering:
- Limitless opportunities to grow in technology and business;
- An exciting products, and direct communications;
- Flexible working schedule: 6-8 hours per day (Monday - Friday) also you can work from home few days or more if needed, just make sure you’re always reachable in case of urgency, and attend the meetings;
- Comfortable double-level Loft office space (walking distance to Polytechnical Institute subway station);
- Highly positive work environment, based on principles of respect, support and mentorship;
- An option to visit blockchain meetups and lectures;
- Corporate library;
- Kick off parties.
We’re a friendly team of blockchain and crypto enthusiasts, who love being at the front edge of something new, so DeFi is the place to be for us. Our products for the Tezos ecosystem have high liquidity, and an increasing number of users.
We believe that DeFi solutions will beat Traditional Financial institutions in time. That's why we’re creating sophisticated DeFi products that actually drive the entire ecosystem forward, and share them with new crypto users from all over the world.
Our main products are the DeFi-focused web wallet Temple (it became one of the most popular on Tezos), the decentralized exchange Quipuswap, and the decentralized crypto-lending platform. It’s just the beginning.
We're aiming to build the best product development team we've ever had. If you're interested in joining our team, we'd encourage you to contact us ASAP.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
23 November 2021