Vilmate is looking for a Middle Android Developer to work on a new mobile program that helps users to train their near vision performance.
The project is a mobile application designed for people who experience natural age-related changes when reading. The application’s scientifically proven program exercises the visual cortex of the brain to faster process visual information, and thereby help improve vision sharpness.
The application is completely unique in that it boosts the visual cortex of the brain in its processing of images rather than altering the eyes. Most other solutions work as magnifiers or provide temporary relief for near vision reading capabilities which will worsen over time.
• Сreating and maintaining an Android app.
• Taking part in the development of architecture decisions.
• Ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
• Participating in meetings with team members and clients.
• 2+ years of experience in Android development.
• Good knowledge of Kotlin.
• Good knowledge of Coroutines.
• Knowledge of MVVM architectural pattern.
• Good knowledge of OOP’s concepts & SOLID principles.
• Experience with custom UI (drawing on canvas).
• Experience working with Git.
• Strong written and spoken communicative English level.
As a plus:
• Experience with JNI.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Flexible working hours.
• Vacation – 20 working days’ annual leave.
• Paid sick days.
• A personal laptop with all the essential software installed.
• State holidays are granted.
• Corporate accountant and lawyer services.
• Bureaucracy-free and transparent management.
• Costs related to participation in workshops and professional conferences are covered (up to 50% coverage).
• Сorporate events 2 times a year and team building.
Our company (vilmate.com) is an over 130-strong, close-knit and highly professional software development team based out of Kharkiv and Kyiv, Ukraine. We have been engaged in delivering bespoke software to North-American and Western-European clients since 2012 and are equally experienced in Web and mobile development.
Vilmate’s distinctive features as a company are an impressive and impeccable project delivery track record, a very large share of senior software engineers in our development team, an extremely low employee turnover and broad experience of delivering consulting solutions to clients in various business niches.
Since our company’s founding 9 years ago, we have seen an annual growth rate of 23%. Our client roster has been growing just as fast. Today, we pride ourselves on having created software that is used by some of Western Europe’s industry-leading retail and other brands.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
14 September 2021