The world’s most powerful engagement platform for fitness. By integrating a social network for consumers with communication and insight tools for instructors and studio owners, we help people and businesses unleash the power of their communities—online and IRL.
-Design, implement, support new components, and maintain existing ones for our community management system that allows studios and instructors to utilize a variety of community, retention, and business analytics tools to engage their clients better and grow a stronger community.
- Design, build, test, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software components written in Ruby
- Work in tight collaboration with other members of the team (backend, frontend engineers, QA, PMs) at all phases of the development
lifestyle; participate in the code review process
- Collaborate with other engineers when working on functionality that spans multiple knowledge domains
- Occasionally build raw SQL statements in cases where ActiveRecord is ineffective
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing software components and systems as part of adaptation to business and/or technology-grounded changes (quality, reliability, performance, etc).
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and experience optimizing it
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment, and be proactive with communication on both technical and business-related topics.
- Being an excellent learner and a self-starter. You can expect frequent challenges that would push you beyond what you’re already familiar with.
- Formal education in Computer Science or another engineering discipline.
Good to have:
- Experience building real-time chats especially for mobile, ideally with XMPP
- Good understanding of mobile push notifications, email, real-time chats and how they work
- Experience managing an engineering team
- Varied experience in integrating with third-party services
- Experience deploying and/or operating docker/k8s based systems
- Experience with primary AWS services like EC2, ELB, Route53, S3
Technologies we use:
- Ruby, Rails 5
- Heroku, AWS
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- XMPP (ejabberd), GraphQL
- React, React Native, native iOS (Swift), native Android (Kotlin)
THE EASIEST AND FASTEST WAY TO FIND IT PROFESSIONALS!
Fast ⇨ Get candidate’s resume(CV) in the next 48 hours (you get it much faster usually)
Accurate ⇨ We match credentials to your requirements. Only candidates who are interested in your opening and fit perfect to your needs
Flexible ⇨ Custom-tailored agreements and payment terms — now available!
Innovative ⇨ We use our own innovative algorithms and software in order for you to hire the best candidates faster
Focused ⇨ IT professionals is our only specialty
DOU company page:
Job posted on
13 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni