Location: Ukraine - Kyiv, Lviv, Mykolaiv, Kharkiv
Designation: Software Engineer
Experience: 2-5 years
Skills: Data analysis skills, SQL
GlobalLogic is partnering with a US-based digital health company, whose mission is to connect people in social interactions for the health conversations, build online health communities to support each other and share knowledge about how to deal with the disease.
The core of the project is working with the data; the target is to re-design, transition to cloud and enhance data-driven solutions.
You will work in a small team responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will partner with our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. If you are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives, we would be thrilled to have you apply!
● Good working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as
well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
● A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
● Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
● Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific
business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
● Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
● Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
Nice to have experience:
● Advertising technology experience including data integrations with ad exchange(s) and identity partners
○ for example Crossix, ComScore, Liveramp, Google Ad Manager or others
● AWS: SES, RDS (MySQL), EC2, Elasticsearch Service, Route 53, VPC, etc
● Graph database (Amazon Neptune)
● CDP platforms (cencus, hightouch)
● Manage and optimize core data infrastructure
o Develop custom data infrastructure not available off-the-shelf
o Build monitoring infrastructure to give visibility into the pipeline’s status
o Monitor all jobs for impact on cluster performance
o Run maintenance routines regularly
o Tune table schemas to minimize costs and maximize performance
● Build and maintaining custom ingestion pipelines
● Support data team resources with design and performance optimization
o Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
● Build non-SQL transformation pipelines
● Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
8 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni