We're looking for a Technical Writer with excellent English level to join our Zoolatech team and will work with our partners in Procore Technologies. Technical Writer will author, edit, and review product and process documentation.
In this role, you’ll work with internal stakeholders, interview high level engineers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for Procore's varied audiences. You’ll produce a variety of top-quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics and screenshot markups.
You’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving company. You have strong writing skills the ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end-users based on their persona.
What you'll do:
- Maintain the internal documentation ticketing system, solving issues presented by customers and internal consumers
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Regular use of a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation including draft, review, and publish phases
- Check-in regularly with Cloud Systems Engineering teams & Technical Project Managers to understand upcoming projects, scope, and opportunities for collaboration
- Keep teams up-to-date with announcements on progress, template releases, etc
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism (in English)
- 2-5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in the related job role
- Ability to work with high level Principal and Staff level Engineers on technical subjects
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content
- Strong technical aptitude – ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones
- Excellent work ethic and strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
- Experience creating infographics to more clearly communicate workflow processes and abstract topics
- Track record of effective collaboration (it's critical to show the examples of your work)
these are not required, but are a plus:
- Experience working in a technical, preferably a SaaS company
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams
- Experience writing content for software applications using a CMS
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Experience with Backstage TechDocs will be considered as a big advantage.
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
7 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni