We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful and usable systems, striving for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
If you’re ready to make a big impact in a high-growth environment, then we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
- Designing, implementing and supporting an analytical data infrastructure;
- Analyzing and organizing raw data;
- Building data systems and pipelines;
- Evaluating business needs and objectives;
- Interpreting trends and patterns;
- Conducting complex data analysis and reporting on results;
- Building algorithms and prototypes;
- Identifying opportunities for data acquisition;
- Collaborating with data scientists and architects on several projects;
- Collaborating with engineers to improve data availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability;
- Presenting findings to senior management to drive business decisions;
- Turning raw data into actionable insights and translating complex ideas into simple data stories.
What are we looking for?
- Upper Intermediate English or higher (B2+);
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field;
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role;
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques;
- Experience using big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Redshift, or S3.;
- Experience in one or more of: Python, Bash, or other scripting language;
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design;
- Experience in AWS;
- Strong in Agile Scrum, Kanban;
- Scope elicitation, and requirements management;
- Experience researching, analyzing, defining, and fully documenting requirements;
- Experience creating necessary system diagrams, wireframes, and detailed breakdowns of functional and non-functional requirements;
- Experience producing requirements in an actionable format ready for the development and testing team, allowing efficient budgeting and forecasting.
What skills come in handy?
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields;
- Being an analytical and creative thinker who can approach problems from a first-principles-based framework;
- Being an excellent communicator who can use compelling arguments to influence outcomes;
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing;
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy;
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms;
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- A vested interest in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer-driven — engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end-user experience.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Option of equity;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern office in the heart of Kyiv (Gulliver);
- Flexible working hours;
- Complimentary dinners (like Pizza Friday!);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Ability to travel to the US;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;15 days of paid sick leave;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!
Job posted on
The job ad is no longer active
Look at the current