Being a Senior Back-end developer of our team, you will work on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE.
If you have excellent programming skills, a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, and strong leadership skills, then we would like to meet you.
Job Location: Dubai
Office Location: Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Gather, address & implement technical and design requirements.
• Refactor existing applications to optimize its performance through setting the appropriate architecture and integrating the best practices and standards.
• Ensure high quality code which is very well optimized utilizing the right design, algorithms and data structures
• Own the technical implementation of the project he/she is handling ensuring the project is on track, deadlines are met, and progress/bottlenecks is communicated to management
• Manage testing of the projects he/she is handling ensuring robust deliverables
• Conduct project code reviews on frequent basis and integrate the needed optimizations and changes
• Prepare, review and own the technical documentation of his/her projects
• Contribute significantly towards improving and optimizing our processes, best practices & implementations.
• Mentor & Coach Junior team members and his/her project colleagues
• BS degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering. Masters is a plus.
• 5+ years of work experience in Python
• 1+ years of work experience as a Senior Python Back-end Developer
• 2+ years of experience in Python Frameworks (Flask or Django)
• 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs.
• 2+ years of work-experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services.
• AWS certificates are a big plus.
• Strong coding skills with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms.
• Strong work-experience in Relational Databases including PostgreSQL.
• Experience in non-relational databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra) is a big plus.
• Previous experience in automated testing tools including unit testing & UI testing.
• Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile Development methodologies.
• Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills.
About Supernova Development
Supernova Development - is not just another software development company. Together with you we want to create something that inspires. We want to inspire you, your customers and ourselves every day. We help startups to create innovative products and empower existing businesses with the digitalization of their core processes to much customer-centric economy needs.
Job posted on
7 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni