We are looking for a talented, creative, and enthusiastic C++ Engineer to join the team in Kyiv.
As a software developer at Avid, you will work in the Data Management Team that is responsible for all aspects of metadata, media format support used by MC for Avid’s flagship professional video/audio editing applications. You will be developing new functionality, as well as fixing issues, supporting and improving automated tests coverage. You will be involved in many projects relating to implementing new workflows for our customers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least 3+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in C++ is required, including object-oriented design skills and robust coding practices.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Visual Studio for C++ (or Apple XCode) is required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required as this position involves direct communication with the US-based customer, clarifying requirements and milestones, and also progress reporting for the team
- The ability to work in a cross-platform development environment is required.
- Development experience in at least one of Windows or Macintosh OS platforms
- Proven ability to debug complex software systems. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with large applications involving the writing of significant new code, as well as utilizing existing code and libraries.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing software that manipulates video/audio media and performs metadata exchange is a plus.
- Experience with development using Agile (Scrum) methodologies is desirable
- Experience with writing robust unit tests and using test-driven development is strongly desired.
MacOS, XCode, COM, Jenkins, JIRA, Multimedia
We are looking for a talented, creative, and enthusiastic C++ Engineer to join the team in Kyiv. To join our high-performing team, you must have an in-depth understanding of software engineering and object-oriented design techniques, the ability to create, debug, and maintain bulletproof C++ code, an eye for detail, and maintain extremely high standards with respect to software quality and reliability, and a passion for media-related product development.
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies.
Collaborative Environment: Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefits
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
1 September 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni