We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about maintaining and improving the customer experience to join our team. You will help automate processes related to data processing and analysis for the operation metrics of our IOT devices.
Feel free to apply directly : https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1428328/data-engineer
You will build, maintain, and continuously improve the infrastructure for a multi-site development team.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Scala)
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Experience with data modelling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience with AI and machine learning algorithms
· Proven experience with query and database optimisation
· Experience with AWS Technologies (EMR/Redshift/ S3/ Presto/Spark/Athena)
· Experience with Power BI, Tableau, other BI tools
· Knowledge of distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective.
· Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
1 September 2021