Looking for Technical Writer (remote possible)
Our client is a leading global Financial Market data provider who runs several change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in a very engaging environment making the most of cutting-edge technologies covering the domains of Real-Time, Big Data, Cloud, and Machine Learning.
- We find algorithmic solutions to complex textually based problems, taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness.
- We create tools for professionals to build their own NLP solutions in areas such as entity extraction, relation extraction, and text categorization.
- We use solutions of different complexity in order to solve our problems efficiently and with high quality, from basic ones to state-of-the-art ones.
- We have a super positive and constructive atmosphere.
- We have access to lots of high-quality data such as News, Financials, Social Media, and more...
Engagement is expected to be ongoing with full support for the API product line and additional products as needed.
We require a Technical Writer with at least 2+ years of experience in documenting software applications. As a writer on our team, you will work closely with experienced development teams to understand the various products they create and provide support in delivering technical publications.
We seek a candidate with demonstrable, proven expertise in technical writing. The candidate must have experience working with multiple deadlines, products, and teams. The ability to manage one’s workload in this environment is critical. Clean communication and productive collaborative skills are a must. The writer must be capable of ‘reading between the lines to identify information that needs further explanation or clarification.
• Liaison with product teams (developers, product managers, QA) to understand and then fulfill documentation needs.
• Own existing product libraries; update documents with new or updated information, create new documents as needed, and archive older documents
• Assistance in redesigning existing documentation/information structure.
• Generate documentation deliverables for release using FrameMaker (95%)/ MS Word (5%)
• Knows how to use of Adobe Acrobat
• Work with other technical writers in balancing workloads.
Mandatory Skills Description:
• Bachelors degree in either a Writing-based degree (i.e., Technical Writing, Rhetoric, etc.), English, Computer Science, or similar degree.
• 2+ years of professional experience in writing, architecting, and delivering product documentation.
• Working knowledge of FrameMaker, MS Office
• Experience working in SDLC and/or Agile environments: requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, acceptance testing, prototyping, iterative development.
• Experience documenting telecommunication, server deployment architecture, and network infrastructure.
• Proven strong analytical design and trouble-shooting skills
• Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences and in team environments
Experience in any of the following is considered a plus:
• GitHub, SharePoint
• Familiar with financial industry concepts
• Experience in authoring Help systems, or use of an HTML/XML editing tool)
• Middleware, Server-side, and backbone architecture
• Rights permissioning systems
• Prior work experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Demonstrable work history with other team members, on-shore and off-shore
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
31 August 2021
To apply for this and other jobs on Djinni