One solution to intelligently manage and schedule your deskless workforce while delivering a best-in-class experience for employees, schedulers, business owners, and customers.
The Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) lives within a squad/tribe of product development, with a line reporting to an Engineering Manager and guidance and technical direction from Product Quality Manager. They work directly with Software Development Engineers and Quality Analysts to understand the features, technical design and this insight allows the SDET to implement automated tests and testing tools to deliver quality delivery with high efficiency.
The SDET has end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity. They are responsible for complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary. The SDET requires very little oversight beyond high-level direction; as complexity of features are delivered, the focus shifts from functional to stability and performance of our product.
● Day to Day:
o Writing and reviewing code for automated test /tools from the sprint backlog inline with quality assistance guild best practices
o Assisting in driving squad sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
o Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or their squads) before they require escalation.
● Technical Duties
o Consistently writes production-ready test code easily understood by other software development engineers, SDET and accounts for edge cases and errors.
o Identify, develop and innovate new automation approaches to continually improve quality engineering process and efficiency.
o Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions / decisions that impact their team.
o Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
● Communication & Leadership Duties
o Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
o Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
o Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
● Must have at least 3+ years writing UI and API test (JS + Type Script)
● Must have at least 3+ years commercial experience working with BDD Frameworks for API / Selenium
● Must have at least 3+ years working with agile development methodologies
● Demonstrated experience using BDD framework - Specflow, Cucumber, Geb or similar flavour
● Experience working with GraphQL.
● Experience with mobile testing framework is an added bonus
● Experience with performance testing tools such as Gatling is an added bonus
● Experience setting up and contributing to CI/CD environments is an added bonus
● Knowledge on Cloud based architecture is an added bonus
About Make it in Ukraine
We're 'Make it in Ukraine', a marketplace to match world-leading projects with incredible agencies and individuals in Ukraine.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
19 July 2021