SRE role at Preply combines software development, operations and business skills to run large-scale, fault-tolerant, global language education platform.
We are currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to join our Platform tribe.
SRE role at Preply combines software development, operations and business skills to run large-scale, fault-tolerant, global language education platform. SRE ensures that Preply systems — have reliability, uptime appropriate to business's needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on the capacity and performance of our system. This person is expected to work on core parts of our platform and help us to meet the challenges of growing the organization in terms of both traffic and the number of developers.
While we have the DevOps team which is responsible for infrastructure in general, The SRE team is responsible for: system observability and alerting, managing and improving incident response processes, managing on-call rotations across the company.
We work in small teams, thus you will be able to influence system design and contribute a lot in the company's growth, also we promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
We release our product 50-60 times per day by leveraging modern technologies like Kubernetes (Skaffold+Helm), Docker and top-notch CI/CD processes. We have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills across the stack.
- Be responsible for Preply's uptime record.
- Improve system scalability.
- Own availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Improve system observability and alerting.
- Manage on-call rotations across company.
- Improve incident response processes.
- Establish credibility with the quality of the team's technical execution.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Collaborate with product teams to help them tackle technical issues and design new systems.
What we are looking for:
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing high loaded systems.
- Proficiency with production troubleshooting is a must.
- Business-oriented & data-driven person.
- Experience with k8s, Docker, Helm.
- Strong knowledge of any of those languages: Python, JS, Php, Java, Scala, Erlang at least 3+ years production experience (*we’re looking for a System Engineer, so we do not care a lot about which language you have experience working on. At the same time, our stack includes mainly Python & NodeJS, so we expect that anyone who meets our hiring bar is likely able to learn those languages fairly quickly).
- Hands-on experience with any modern framework Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Magento, Spring, etc.
Would be a plus:
- Python, Celery, Postresql, ElasticSearch, AWS, Kafka, Redis.
- Experience with DataDog.
- Experience with release engineering.
What we offer:
• An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
• Easy-to-reach location, brand new office in Kooperative.
• An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
• An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
• A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com.
• A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Few more insights on what we do:
Our Engineering Blog: medium.com/preply-engineering
We’re using modern stack, you can check it here: tech-radar.preply.com
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from all over the world.
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalised learning space that will enable individual learners to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
Powered by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, Preply now has 340 employees of over 37 nationalities based between Barcelona and Kyiv. Preply is driven by a culture of experimentation and data-driven learnings, focused on building best-in-class consumer and enterprise solutions.
As the company looks to increase momentum and scale geographically, this is a unique opportunity to join one of the most vibrant and attractive start-up communities in the world.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
14 July 2021