Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location.
By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
The Program will transform the way all map-making is completed within the company to be automated and real-time while eliminating duplicate work and moving into the new future of a Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem. The company needs all components used for map-making as a service, real-time content updates, and full enriched maps. The goal is for all products to be within a single architecture, with the ability to expose each individual service as an external solution.
This Senior Data Engineer will play a vital role in collaborating as part of this cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines and address big data challenges. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with the Chief Architect, systems engineers, software engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
- Provide Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) experience coupled with enterprise search capabilities to solve Big Data challenges;
- Work with Tableau tool, transform provided data for better customer perception;
- Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve customer and business centric questions;
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept for iterative development;
- Learn new technologies and apply the knowledge in production systems;
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the enterprise data pipelines and the data lake;
- Partner with various teams to define and execute data acquisition, transformation, processing and make data actionable for operational and analytics initiatives.
- Experience working with Tableau platform: dashboard design, development, testing, implementation, and support;
- Excellent knowledge of Tableau Desktop (extracts, live datasets, access management);
- Knowledge of Tableau metadata, ability to create and maintain data streams and dictionaries;
- Excellent knowledge of principles of software development, ability to find and fix bugs, and solve complex tasks;
- Experience working with SQL, relational database management systems;
- Experience working with Oracle SQL;
- Good spoken English, Upper-Intermidiate.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, REST APIs;
- Experience in designing/developing platform components like caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation and tooling frameworks;
- Experience developing data ingest workflows with Kafka Streams;
- Experience transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and zipped files;
- Experience with performance tuning of ETL jobs;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members;
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git/Gitlab;
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena and/or Glue;
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines;
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and extensive experience with Agile methodologies;
- Detailed oriented/self-motivated with the ability to learn and deploy new technology quickly.
Higher Education: Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
Intellias is a challenge-driven software engineering company, based in Ukraine (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv) and locally represented in Berlin, Germany.
Since 2002, we've been helping leading technology companies from EU and North America to create their software products by building and operating world-class engineering teams in Eastern Europe for them
DOU company page:
Job posted on
14 July 2021