Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Java Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Ukraine.
Our client is looking for a software engineer to take this exciting opportunity to join our fast-moving partner connectivity group in the B2B organization. In this role, you will help them build, upgrade, and sustain successful connectivity between the world’s largest and most trusted travel site, visited by over 500 million travelers each month, and the world’s leading travel brands, from large OTAs to independent boutique chains. The ideal candidate for this position will have a broad set of web platform skills including confident knowledge of integration using APIs and similar technologies used for system-to-system integration over the web. The candidate will demonstrate solid experience in coding for scale and have a passionate interest in producing high quality code quickly (speed wins!).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline;
- Proficiency with 3+ years’ experience of programming Java;
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries;
- Excellent problem-solving ability with effective debugging of complex systems;
- Solid understanding of HTTP and other internet protocols;
- Adept on the Linux platform and its standard utilities;
- Able to quickly develop scripts in Perl/Python/Bash and others;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
- Design and develop simple solutions for complex connectivity upgrade and health challenges;
- Adapt to complex projects, including working closely with cross-functional teams consisting of technical and business stakeholders, and deliver quality code on time;
- Analyse, investigate, and trouble-shoot API integration/interoperability features and issues;
- Continually improve efficiency by contributing to team development of automated tools;
- Improve and add to system documentation for customers who interoperate with our APIs;
- Rotating on-call duty for network connectivity support.
— Competitive compensation plan that takes skills and experience into consideration.
— Annual performance appraisals.
— Possibility to choose your workspace either remote or combination of your home and one of our development offices.
— Flexible working hours and adjustable work/life balance. Projects that use advanced, cutting-edge technologies.
— Vacation time, sick-leaves, national holidays, family supplementary days off.
— Comprehensive medical insurance including dental services, massages, and sports activities.
— Support for a healthy lifestyle, compensation of running events.
— Maternity leave policy.
— A personal loan budget is available for long-term personnel.
— Partial compensation of conferences, courses, and English classes.
— Free meetups, webinars, and conferences organized by Svitla.
— Birthday presents for personnel and New Year gifts for children.
— Fun summer and winter corporate parties and memorable anniversary presents.
About Svitla Systems
Svitla is a proven custom software development company and testing provider headquartered in Silicon Valley. We deliver unparalleled value to our customers, who rely on our expertise in managed teams and build-to-order software applications.
Founded in 2003, Svitla Systems is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with sales and development offices throughout the US, Mexico and Europe (Ukraine, Montenegro and Germany). If you are looking to scale up your technical team quickly, we are your trusted glocal partner.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
8 July 2021