we are looking for a remote Middle Java Software Engineer with 2+ years of experience.
The goal of the project is migration of existed legacy system into the cloud using microservices architecture and rewrite the riskiest functionality. The team is multinational and cross-functional.
- 2+ years independent professional working experience in multiple IT (networking, application engineering, operations, service support, etc) areas.
- Experience on Java development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in AWS, and / or other Cloud Computing platform.
- Experience in implementing REST API standards via data access layer.
- Strong development / networking skills using IP based protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.), and exposure to any middleware is a plus.
- Follow Agile development process and associated tools (Scrum, Kanban, JIRA, Confluence).
Nice to have:
- Solution Architecture school completion (ability to participate in solution architecture design working closely with existed SA).
- Experience in Python, Shell, etc. development and troubleshooting
- Strong debug and troubleshooting experience (Linux, Windows).
- Linux based Real Time or latency-sensitive system development experience is a plus.
- Provide continuous support and willing to shift work time to fit the needs where the service requested from different time zone. Strong sense of core system support and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to solve complex problems in real-time production environment.
- Domain knowledge of Refinitiv Real-Time systems and network is a plus. Known the standard Real Time data model or network protocol, such as OMM, RDF, TRWF, is a plus.
Other professional skills and abilities:
- A proactive team player, capability to work in dynamic environment, under pressure (scope, schedule, quality). Ability to work under tight deadlines with high stress tolerance and potentially overtime with advance notice from management.
- Independence and strong sense of ownership to solve problems. Accountability for quality.
- Willing to share experience to develop other people.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing and presentation, oral communication in English (Writing in English is a primary function of this role). Ability to work with people at all levels, and comfortable in cross-cultural environment.
- Self-managed. Good timekeeper.
- Professional experience / knowledge will be an advantage: Project Management, Data Network communication, Financial Market Industry is a big plus.
- Quick learner and ability to quickly grasp technical / business concepts. Meticulous and attentive to details. Ability to solve problems in real-time production systems.
- Optimistic, and open-minded.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills.
- Work on enterprise-level projects on a long-term basis.
- Full-time remote work.
- Unlimited access to learning resources (EPAM training courses, English classes, Internal Library).
- Community of 38,000+ industry's top professionals.
About EPAM Systems
EPAM Systems is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and software development services, with more than 36,700+ employees worldwide.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
6 July 2021