We’re looking for an experienced PHP developer to work on digital solutions for restaurants and cafés.
Our client is a well-established SaaS company based in Zurich that supports restaurants and cafés in their management, marketing and internal processes within the restaurant. The scope of their work is rather wide: they deal with various processes from the reservation system for guests to building the on-line presence of a café. Your role is to take part in the maintenance of the existing products and the development of new features and products.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
- Build new features and maintain existing functionality (PHP)
- Help improve code quality and development process best practices (testing, CI/CD, patterns, separation of concerns, ...)
- Refactor and build our next generation applications in an agile environment
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Backend Engineering in a major programming language (PHP, Java, …)
- Willingness to work with PHP (Symfony, Codeigniter)
- Passion for agile techniques (CI/CD, automated testing, AWS or similar)
- Commitment to code quality and teamwork (pair programming, code reviews, design discussions)
- Your written and oral English is good
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with REST APIs, SSE, message brokers and docker
- Knowledge of the German language
Does this describe you?
There is such a thing as being a “true Beetroot”.
We value people who are eager for continual improvement. Someone who desires to be the most caring, professional, and progressive version of yourself. Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach, and drive for improvement are what truly make a difference. Our hope is that you will be a team player who can accept responsibility for your work, solve problems pragmatically, and remain highly motivated. It is also important to be outgoing, well-organized, and efficient with a strong ability to prioritize.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let's share more about us!
We are a Swedish-Ukrainian IT company, building dream teams of developers and designers for companies around the globe. As an emerging company, co-producing with other emerging companies, we work with both start-up businesses and advanced businesses. In essence, we are the cannonball for our client’s success. With over 500 team members, Beetroot fosters a family environment. We are a tightly knit group who loves spending time together. Our desire is to provide a cozy workplace full of trust, equality, and steamy bowls of borsch!
Do you like perks? So do we! We provide:
- A work environment with a minimum level of hierarchy
- Family-like culture in a comfortable, well-equipped office
- Great networking opportunities with international clients
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary, paid vacation, medical insurance, and social benefits
- Team building activities: ski trips, Beetroot breakfast, movie nights...and more!
- English lessons with native speakers
- Discounted Beetroot Academy courses
- Annual allowance to participate in competence-enhancing events
Are you a good fit? Send us your CV in English. We are waiting to hear from you!
Beetroot specializes in building dedicated teams of developers and designers for clients around the world.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
5 July 2021