Come join us as we scale our retail and commerce loyalty platform! Stuzo is looking for a database administrator to join our expanding product engineering team as we build and grow our Open Commerce enterprise software-as-a-service platform.
This role represents a key technical position supporting Stuzo’s Operations and Development organizations. The individual hired for this role will be closely involved with implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of all aspects of our PostgreSQL cloud-based databases (AWS).
Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel&convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform.
Our platform services and applications are
built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
● Own, manage, and support all technical aspects of our AWS (RDS, Aurora) cloud hosted
databases, from development through mission-critical production systems
● Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system
health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance and availability
● Implement and maintain appropriate security standards across databases
● Serve as a key stakeholder in infrastructure related incident response, esp. with regard
to databases, and correct efforts
● Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
● Establish processes and help maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for
● Provide input and own a share in delivering against the operations roadmap and the
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
● Review / oversee data modeling efforts put forth by the development team to ensure
integration and performance expectations are met
● Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
● Keep up to date on relevant technology and industry trends
● Assist and provide guidance to other team members as needed
● Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
● 7+ years experience with relational database administration including PostgreSQL
● 3+ years experience with cloud hosted database infrastructure (esp. AWS)
● Some experience with distributed, scalable, non-relational databases such as columnar,
document, and time-series is a strong plus
● Must be detail oriented, possess good communications skills and habits, and like to
work in a highly transparent environment
● Experience with NoSQL database technologies
● Experience with AWS RDS and Aurora
● Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries
● Software development experience
● Long-term employment;
● Competitive compensation with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews;
● 22 working days of vacation per year;
● 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
● Health insurance program;
● Flexible working hours;
● Sponsored company educational program, corporate library;
● Comfortable and cozy office or full remote;
● Funny celebrations, team outings, and company events;
● A unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.
Who we are: Stuzo helps Everyday Spend Retailers Know and Activate™ more customers and data in real-time, leading to more visits, more gallons, and bigger baskets. Stuzo’s Open Commerce® product suite consists of: Activate for Intelligent 1:1 Loyalty, Transact for Contactless Commerce, and Experience for Cross-Channel Customer Experiences.
At Stuzo, we share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. This means we only hire nice, bright, fun people who work hard by default, due to their motivation and passion for their craft.
Join our team to build digital products for some of the world’s largest brands!
DOU company page:
Job posted on
5 July 2021