Scout Gaming Group is a licensed and regulated B2B Fantasy Sports and betting provider. Our team is growing. So we are now looking for a talented DevOps Engineer .
What you should have:
• Experience with Cloud deployments. We use Google Compute Platform(GCP) — IAM, GKE, GCE, (Un)Managed Instance Groups, LBs, Storages, Logging and Monitoring;
• Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, Docker must have;
• Experience with Prometheus and Grafana or similar tools;
• At least basic understanding of networking, model OSI, routing, DNS, LoadBalancing, CDN and other technologies that is the foundation of communication;
• All good understanding of HTTP and REST;
• Familiar with modern automation tools and deployment principles;
• Familiar with CloudFlare;
• Excellent knowledge of Linux;
• Excellent knowledge of CI/CD and agile concepts;
• Relevant higher education within computer engineering/development, or acquired competence through work experience that can compensate for higher education;
• Be able to work alone, and in teams, and be self-driven in terms of finding areas where the team can improve.
• Familiar with Terraform and Ansible;
• Сertifications(GCP, CKA);
• Operational management processes (ITIL) and automation experience;
• Experience developing and managing highly available, secure, performant and dynamic infrastructures;
• Focus on security.
• Maintain our GKE (Kubernetes) clusters, Helm deployments and Jenkins pipelines;
• Monitoring our fantasy betting platform to prevent unexpected behavior;
• Analyse logs and trends to look for areas of improvements;
• Network operations — DNS entries, Firewalls, Traffic Routing;
• Regular follow-up and testing of database(PostgreSQL) backups/routines;
• Access and permission management;
• Timely reviews of our operating procedures, including but not limited to: Security Policy, Incident Management Response, Secure Development Policy. Propose changes to processes so we are better aligned with these;
• Maintenance of alerts, resource requests, proposing solutions for decreasing cost and increasing safety;
• Enable developers through: ad-hoc requests, offering solutions for them to be able to proceed with their work independently, teaching technology where the case: K8s, Docker, Linux, Databases.
On Call Duties:
• Personnel in the devops/sysops team share a rotation for on-call.
• We have established a very good working environment where we, among others, offer our employees flexible working hours, health-care benefits, professional courses and conferences, an option to choose equipment you need for work.
Where will you work and with whom:
• These days most of our team is working from home, however, our office is open for everyone preferring a common office space! In Lviv, we are 60 employees. Also, you’ll be working with our awesome team in Bergen (Norway). Our office is light and playful, located in the city center of Lviv. We even have a Playstation, table football, and a resting room. We’re a social and united team, who love what we do. We believe in doing great work, and have fun while doing so!
• At Scout, you will meet challenges, get your own responsibility areas and get the chance to grow your own carrier.
• You will be heavily involved in the development of world-leading solutions with some of the world’s largest iGaming and media companies as clients.
• You will get much trust, and team support to solve exciting challenges.
Scout Gaming Tech is looking to expand their DevOps/SysOps team with additional people. The team’s primary objective is running and maintaining the technical platform for the services we provide to our partners and end-users. We are also an important resource for our developers and architects, when it comes to input performance, design and scalability.
Scout is looking for a person that has the foundational skills, keen interest in technology and is able to work independently. We don’t expect you to know everything, but you will need the basic skills to be able to develop yourself on the job, so that your contribution to the company grows over time. You are of course not alone, the team works together so the team can deliver value to the company and itself.
Our ambition is to be world leading in fantasy sports and pool betting — join our journey!
Our products are primarily targeted at large international partners and customers. The fantasy sports-and pooled betting market is a rapidly growing market in Europe.
How fantasy games work: In fantasy sports, you are a manager for a team. Each player creates their own Fantasy team by “buying” real players (from any sport) and receives points according to how well the real players perform in the real matches/events.
Our products are already being used by millions of users, and Scout Gaming Group’s immodest ambition is to create the world`s best fantasy-and pooled betting solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer in Scout, you will be a big part of our journey towards this target.
Scout Gaming Group`s biggest advantage is a modern and solid technology. We have for example chosen to not support old browsers for the benefit of increased possibilities and higher user-friendliness. Our backend platform is built up as a modern web API for web and app clients, delivery from backend to end user works as a pure API-delivery, free of legacy and old-fashioned technology.
For the DevOps/SysOps team this means we outsource what we believe others do better than us, for example Kubernetes. But in other areas, we build and maintain the whole stack, for example our PostgreSQL clusters.
About Scout Gaming Group
Scout Gaming Group is a licensed and regulated B2B provider of daily fantasy sports and pool betting solutions. Scout offers the only liquidity network for fantasy sports in Europe and has some of the largest online operators on the client list. Scout is licensed in both Malta and the UK. Scout is listed at Nasdaq OMX Stockholm First North.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
10 June 2021