We are looking for C developer with low-level hardcore embedded experience, who will work on firmware development for Ring battery devices (video cameras and doorbells).
The SW and HW solution is really unique, and addresses multiple challenges (works several months on single battery 24/7, connected over WiFi, performs OTA updates etc.). We have huge amount of work to do, and need all your best skills and experience in writing high-quality code and debugging complex issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing code in C for RTOS-based and simple scheduler-based MCUs
- Design and implementation of complex and power-efficient solutions for SoC
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- MS or BS in Computer Science/Mathematics/etc
- Strong C/C++
- Strong CS fundamentals (data-structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.)
- Understanding of multithreading and TCP/IP networking
- Hardware knowledge and principles understanding is an asset
- Experience with ARM-based MCUs and SoCs
- Scripting languages experience (Python, bash, shell, Perl, Tcl etc.)
- Cross platform development, code optimization skills
- Contribution to Open source (huge plus!)
- Good written/spoken English
- Embedded devices complex issues debugging experience
We offer multiple benefits, that include
- Working for one of the top product companies in the world: Ring.com
- Opportunity to influence the products quality
- Challenging tasks
- Competitive salary
- PE accounting and support
- 18 paid vacation days per year
- Fully equipped A-class office space in the “Toronto” business center (near “Olimpiyska” subway station)
- Social package, including gym membership compensation, medical insurance
- Free meals, fruits and sweets
- Educational possibilities, knowledge hub and free English classes
- Career plan, professional growth and quarterly performance reviews
Ring’s R&D-center in Kyiv is a hardcore research team, focused on applying Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Intellectual Data Analysis technology to Ring products. Our training data consists of millions of videos and the results of our work are deployed to millions of devices worldwide.
Job posted on
15 April 2019.