We start building a team for our new client, Cyngn, and looking for an experienced backend engineer to join this endeavor together with us and help Cyngn with building the analytics platform for its autonomous vehicles ecosystem.
Cyngn is a Silicon Valley-based autonomous vehicle startup backed by leading Venture Capital firms, including Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark Capital, and Index Ventures.
Cyngn is a team of engineers and scientists, and they believe in building the best products through open and honest collaboration. Cyngn is constantly experimenting, asking questions, listening to feedback, and acting.
The journey of creating and building is just as important as the final product. Cingn prides itself on its trusting and creative work environment; it is what has led them to build one of the world’s leading autonomous vehicle solutions. Their advanced self-driving system is cost-effective, modular, and broadly applicable across a variety of industries and vehicles by leveraging applied artificial intelligence, leading-edge sensors, and robotics.
Own and maintain data pipeline that extracts data from production SQL and noSQL data sources, perform necessary transformations, loads results into an analytics database (AWS Redshift), and delivers business analytics dashboards through Tableau Server
Optimize this pipeline for performance and capacity consumption, including but not limited to: query performance optimization, schema design, data transform design, etc.
Research and adopt alternative technologies throughout the ecosystem to keep up with product and performance requirements
Maintain and enhance existing reports and build new ones to reflect product functionality
Help the product team and customers analyze data to adjust product direction
Champion data-driven decision-making. Work closely with Product and Engineering to refine metrics-related requirements
Embed into feature teams to ensure measurability throughout the development lifecycle
• You’re obsessed with creating scalable applications using Java
• You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, flexible, well designed and documented
• Peer code reviews are your preferred way to collaborate and learn the system
• You proactively seek out and help to minimize pain points within Cyngn infrastructure and codebase
• You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others
• You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools
• You are fascinated by other cultures and interested in building strong relationships with team members across the globe
Key skills required
5+ years of relevant experience
Experience developing using Agile methodologies
Experience in high-performance hyper-scale information systems in cloud environments
Track record of delivery of performance optimization at scale
Expert-level knowledge of business analytics systems and data engineering practices
Experience with a wide variety and categories of data sources for structured and unstructured data
Experience with a wide variety of data management systems, including queuing (such as Kafka), orchestration (such as Zookeeper), and higher-level analytics platforms such as Spark
Ability to align other disciplines on data-driven design
BS/MS CS or equivalent qualitative degree
• Excellent teamwork and communication
• Ability to gain alignment across cross-functional boundaries
• Ability to challenge the norm and maturity to advocate for changes for the greater benefit of the business
• Proven ability to take the product through all stages of development from concept to launch at scale
• Experience building autonomous vehicle technology is a plus
• BS/MS CS or equivalent qualitative degree
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
7 June 2021