We are looking for a QA Engineer with experience in the testing of backend systems and services running under Linux, with capabilities to collaborate in a team-focused environment and coordinate work with BA, Dev, Operational, and cross-functional application teams.
- Coordinate work with Dev, Operational, and cross-functional application teams to resolve integration, and performance issues.
- QA activities: test design and maintenance of test cases.
- Solve problems and evaluate bugs and weaknesses before the software is released to the production environment.
- Configuration or re-confirmation of test appliances and environments.
- Report and track the status of issues in Jira / Test-Rail along with keeping up-to-date documentation in Confluence.
- Involvement in the improvement cycles.
- Research and evaluate various testing tools.
- 2+ years working as a Regular QA
- Experience of the formal software development lifecycle, with a solid grasp of manual software testing methodologies and tools
- Good working knowledge of Linux command line and file manipulation using standard *nix tools and command-line editors (less, head, tail, cat, vim, etc)
- Understanding of TCP and UDP network protocols (must have the ability to open and manipulate a PCAP network capture file, understand source and destination ports and network addresses)
- Basic network troubleshooting skills (how to test if a network port is open (telnet, nmap), trace a network path (ping, tracert), and verify a local socket is listening (netstat))
- Understanding of standard Linux packaging and package management tools and troubleshooting installations and dependencies (yum, rpm)
Nice to have
- Manipulation of large datasets in Excel, pivot tables, charts
- Thorough understanding of standard configuration file types (XML, JSON, YAML)
- Experience with automated deployment tooling (Puppet specifically) – being able to build a new Puppet stack based on an existing example would be a +
- Ability to interrogate and understand OS and application log files for troubleshooting purposes
- Experience in Python and/or Ruby and/or BASH scripting (both from the perspective of reviewing existing scripts for the understanding of what they do/making modifications and writing automation scripts from scratch)
- Good understanding of how to analyze OS performance using standard tools (running memory/CPU usage, disk and network I/O)
- Working experience with Agile (Kanban, Scrum)
Luxoft is a high-end application outsourcing provider of choice and a trusted technology advisor to Global 2000 and medium-sized growth companies that apply compelling technologies to obtain leadership positions in their respective markets.
Luxoft today finds the Best talents, proposes career growth & employment benefits. Our teams are involved in high complicity & innovative projects for the Top leaders companies around the Globe.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
2 June 2021