As a leading provider of high quality photographs, vectors, videos, Editorial images and videos as well as music, Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented Android developer for our mobile engineering team.
As a leading provider of high quality photographs, vectors, videos, Editorial images and videos as well as music, Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented Android developer for our mobile engineering team. The Mobile Engineering team focuses on delivering user experiences that enhance the workflow of our customers. We strongly believe that in order to put our customers first, we must work closely with them to not only understand their needs but architect solutions that improve their day to day flow. Our core belief is that in order for Shutterstock to succeed, teams and individual team members must be empowered to work with each other to develop the solution that best meets the needs of everyone involved.
• Maintain and develop new features on our Android applications for both our consumers and contributors
• Collaborate with Marketing, Analytics, Product, Design and Engineering leadership to develop roadmaps and features to delight our customers and streamline their discovery of Shutterstock assets for their projects
• Sharing your expertise on native applications and the value they can bring to the business
• Helping other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
• Improving internal team processes by keeping what’s working, throwing away what’s not
• Excited about making usable, interactive interfaces and in love with building things that have never existed
• Curious and passionate about finding creative solutions to complex problems
• Able communicators that are used to talking through problems and feel a deep need to share the cool stuff that they’re working on with others
• Building technology the right way: for us, this means simple, organized, well-tested systems that gradually grow over time, and that provides plenty of insight into production performance
• 3+ years experience in Android Application Development
• Proven track record of building complex applications and great user experiences on the Android platform
• Strong communication skills and an attention to detail
• Exceptional architecture, coding & design skills
• Ability to break complex problems down into smaller components that are loosely coupled and testable
• Experience with unit testing and automated UI testing
• Experience with the code review process and comfortable performing code reviews using Github
• Experience in MVP and MVVM development patterns.
• Solid understanding and experience developing in Kotlin.
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android
• Familiarity with xCode server and Jenkins
• Testing using XCTest, XCUITest, Mockito, Robolectric, and Espresso frameworks
• Experience operating in a Scrum environment and a thorough understanding of Lean /Agile principles
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Healthcare & Sport benefits
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.
N-iX is an Eastern European software development service company that helps businesses across the globe expand their engineering capabilities and develop successful software products. Founded in 2002, we have come a long way and increased our presence in six countries spanning Europe and the US.
With more than 1,400 specialists, N-iX offers expert solutions in cloud computing, data analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, embedded software, and IoT, covering a wide variety of sectors including finance, manufacturing, supply chain, telecom, energy, etc.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
31 May 2021