Shutterstock teams are empowered to own their applications. By joining our team, you will be involved in everything from the development of the software itself, to defining the vision for new services, prioritizing new projects and proactively making improvements to existing deployments.
Shutterstock is looking for a talented software engineer to build new backend services for our Transactions Platform. You will be working within a team of highly-motivated peers creating solutions that are high-quality, performant and scalable.
• Contributing to all aspects of services the team is responsible for, including design, implementation, testing, refactoring, deployment and optimization
• Helping team members improve through code reviews, pairing and mentoring
• Improving internal team processes by identifying what is working and what is not, and taking action to change things for the better
• Collaborating with Product Managers, the management team and others to shape the vision for the team and its services
• Building technology the right way by designing simple, well-tested systems that deliver value immediately, can grow over time, and provide insights into production performance
• Supporting existing production deployments by participating in on-call hours during the workday and occasional after-hours rotations(one week per 1-1,5 months)
• 4+ years of relevant, professional experience in back-end software development
• Experience with Node.JS
• Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful APIs that power multiple consumers
• Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems
• Experience building event-driven or message-driven architectures using open source tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka or other commercial alternatives
• Familiarity with at least one RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
• Experience writing unit tests, integration tests and other test automation.
• Experience working in an Agile + paired-programming environment with continuous integration and/or delivery
• Solid software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, and systems architecture)
• Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
Extra points for:
• Experience with other server-side languages (Ruby)
• TDD experience
• Familiarity with Typescript or another strongly-typed language
• Experience working with Cloud based infrastructures like AWS and container based deployments like Docker and Kubernetes
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Healthcare & Sport benefits
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.
N-iX is an Eastern European software development service company that helps businesses across the globe expand their engineering capabilities and develop successful software products. Founded in 2002, we have come a long way and increased our presence in six countries spanning Europe and the US.
With more than 1,400 specialists, N-iX offers expert solutions in cloud computing, data analytics, machine learning, business intelligence, embedded software, and IoT, covering a wide variety of sectors including finance, manufacturing, supply chain, telecom, energy, etc.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
31 May 2021