On behalf of Data & Analytics, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
Ciklum is a leading global digital services and software engineering company, serving Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations. Headquartered in the UK, we unite 3,500+ software developers, designers, product managers and data scientists around the world building tailored digital solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
We are enabling digital transformation for some of the largest household names and platforms in the digital economy. Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible and join the global projects redefining industries.
We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Data & Analytics, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis. You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
In the project you will work with a bunch of clients, each has an integration system that is based on the Azure Services stack. Each integration has unique architecture and it is a great opportunity to become acquainted with different approaches and best practices.
- Azure Services:
- Azure SQL
- Logic Apps
- Function Apps
- Application Services
- Service Bus
- Event Hub
- Azure Databricks
- Azure DevOps
- Contributes code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Optimizing the architecture (Azure mandatory)
- Monitoring and optimizing ETL processes (ADF mandatory), SQL database performance
- 3+ years of experience coding in SQL, Java, Python, C# or Scala, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (Azure preferable)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization, strong in MSSQL, understanding DWH and Data Lake architecture
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Solid knowledge in data integration / ETL projects
- Experience using Data Factory
- Understanding of big data processing
- Power BI experience desirable
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Azure Databricks (Spark/Scala)
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
About Ciklum International
Ciklum is a top-five global Digital Solutions Company for Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations alike around the world.
Our 3,000+ Developers located in the Delivery Centres across the globe, provide our clients with a range of services including outsourcing software development, Enterprise App Development, Quality Assurance, Security, R&D, Big Data & Analytics.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
28 May 2021