Severalnines is looking for a QA Engineer with an infrastructure automation or tooling background. This role involves extensive programming, test execution, reporting, and setting technical direction for testing Severalnines software. You will directly contribute to the improvement of our automated
You will work closely with our Backend and Frontend development teams to ensure appropriate test coverage of Severalnines products. You will
Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
This role will have a significant impact on the speed and agility in which we develop and ship software.
Be part of a great distributed team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues building the next generation database cluster management applications.
What we're looking for:
Proven working experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Base knowledge in Linux
- Experience working with test management tools such as TestRail or similar is a plus
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence or similar is a plus
- Experience working with Gherkin-based BDD tools like Cucumber or similar is a plus
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (Jenkins, TeamCity etc) is a plus
- Experience with Git
- Experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL databases is a plus
- Experience working with cloud SDKs for AWS, OpenStack, Google, Softlayer or similar is a plus
- Experience in working remotely from home and collaborating with team members located in other countries, be able to plan and administer your own work
- Having an agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes and feeling comfortable with it.
- Good written/spoken English skills
Technologies that we currently use:
Severalnines provides automation and management software for database clusters. We help companies deploy their databases in any environment, and manage all operational aspects to achieve Severalnines availability.
Severalnines' goal is to provide the full 'deploy, manage, monitor, scale' cycle to developers, thus freeing them from the complexity and learning curves that are typically associated with highly available database clusters.
Job posted on
27 May 2021