Our Professional Services Engineers deliver white glove service to our Strategic customers. You'll be part of a delivery team that has one of the highest SaaS NPS scores and our customers rave about us!
As a Technical Engineer you will lead the technical post-sale relationship, help with technical troubleshooting, demonstrate the product, anticipate concerns, and offer creative solutions. You will also act as a critical liaison between the customer and Sisense; sharing customer feedback with the Product Management, Sales and Engineering functions at Sisense. You will be exposed to a multitude of strategic customers across various industries.
The Technical Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a C-level or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
By Day 30…
- You’ll meet your onboarding buddy who will support your onboarding plan.
- You will install Sisense and learn how the product is utilized in different environments.
- You will better understand the Sisense Architecture and deployment structure.
- You will start to understand the basics of troubleshooting Sisense and associated technologies.
- You will learn all of the main internal business processes on the Professional Services delivery teams.
- You will start to shadow team members and review basic tickets.
- You will learn about your delivery team client’s portfolio and their specific technical history and requirements.
- You will continue to handle tickets and shadow sessions with other team members.
- You will continue to do training on advanced Sisense topics.
- You will schedule meetings with other stakeholders (Technical Support Engineers, Technical Account Managers, Data Engineers, Solution Architects, R&D, SEs) to learn how those teams interact with your team
- You will learn more about Sisense Linux and how to install and handle Linux related issues.
- You will start handling more advanced requests/tickets and start managing this independently.
- You will be assigned as Technical Engineer for a few Strategic customers.
- You will continue to learn advanced Sisense technical topics including upgrading & migrating complex deployments as well as advanced troubleshooting, setting up SSO and embedding.
- You will investigate technical problems and diagnose root causes in Linux and Windows servers.
- You will develop, design and propose solutions to meet technological and business needs for customers (e.g. workarounds for product issues and additional features).
- You will learn more about fully implementing Sisense in live, production environments typical for our Strategic customers.
- You will manage critical issues that impact our Strategic customer’s business.
- You will work with R&D and Product teams to meet customer requirements and improve our product.
- You will present complex technical information about the product to the customers.
- You will help develop and refine the standards and documentation for Technical Engineers engagement as part of the delivery team.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED… SO FAR:
- You are a hands-on, passionate, and creative problem solver and know how to get things done with an ability to lead others to success.
- You already have 2+ years of experience supporting applications in both Windows and Linux environments
- You have great experience with databases (RDBMs, NoSQL, On-prem and Cloud)
- You have experience writing SQL queries and python scripts
- You are experienced with virtualization and cloud services
- You have project managed complex technical problems that involve the C-suite of your customers
- You have succeeded in a support environment, where you've managed transactional technical issues and large/complex technical problems.
- You have an ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s needs and guide them to a technical solution.
- You have experience leading multiple technical projects simultaneously
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.
- We’re all working remotely now and using our stipends for setting up a working place at home. However, a new office with a superior view is waiting for us when life gets back to normal.
- We hire only people we trust. All Sisensers join the company without a probation period.
- We believe all Sisensers should be owners in our company’s success. We grant all employees stock options that start vesting on Day One.
- We support a work-life balance philosophy and provide unlimited vacations (flexible time off) and additional long weekends to all Sisensers.
- We support professional growth with corporate English courses, trainings, professional certifications and so on.
- We care about each other. All team members have extended medical insurance and additional COVID-19 coverage.
- We provide Sisensers with a sport reimbursement to support physical fitness and mental wellbeing.
Sisense is a business analytics software company, founded in 2004, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Kyiv, London, Melbourne, Tokyo, and Scottsdale, Arizona. It is headquartered in New York City.
Its business intelligence product includes both a back-end powered by in-chip technology that enables non-technical users to join and analyse large data sets from multiple sources, and a front-end for creating visualisations, like dashboards and reports, on any device, including mobile. The company's software is used by companies in 49 countries.
In September 2018, the company announced another $80 million funding round led by Insight Venture Partners.
In May 2019, Sisense acquired Periscope Data, creating a company with more than $120 million in annual recurring revenue, and over 900 employees.
Finally, in January 2020, Sisense completed another round of funding at approximately $100m with a valuation exceeding $1b, cementing its status as a Unicorn.
Sisense continues to operate in the data and analytics space with over 2500 customers.