We have an opening for an Experienced Support engineer offering a great opportunity to develop and progress within the company.
You will be responsible for delivering support for clients globally using your engineering and infrastructure background. You will be very customer focussed and able to work under the pressure. You will be expected to demonstrate your troubleshooting capabilities on a daily basis, solving problems and delivering advice on a wide range of client reported issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in a phenomenally successful growth industry. You will benefit from excellent training and career progression opportunities.
- Providing 1st / 2nd line of support
- Ensure that ticket communication with clients is accurate, clear and above all, timely
- Test and document the steps to replicate client reported issues
- Troubleshooting of client reported issues at every level of the tech stack - both infrastructure and code
- Documentation of problems for internal escalation
- Documentation of resolutions so that clients understand what has been done, or needs to be done
- Work efficiently to identify the correct resources required to resolve incidents
- Supporting the Technical Account Managers to ensure that major incidents are documented thoroughly, escalated properly and that client expectations are handled appropriately
- Take ownership of client reported issues and then work closely with developers and account managers, and directly with clients, in order to provide support and eventually close issues as quickly as possible
- Quality assure work before handing it back to the client
- Monitor SLA response and drive improvement through the business
Write ongoing documentation, both for the client and internal teams in order to optimise future support in recurring circumstances
- Follow internal processes
- Updating task/project daily activities to all relevant teams.
- Magento 2.x and 1.x (CE and EE) review and suggest new features to clients.
- Cross-browser and multi-device testing.
- Manage effective handover of 24×7 support coverage across multiple timezones of our global team
- Marketing/sales activities for the company.
- Minimum 1 year in a similar role - application support, programming or customer service
- Previous client-facing role
- Ecommerce experience with Magento, Shopify or BigCommerce
Working as part of a team
- Use of industry-standard tools G Suite, Jira, Slack, Kanban boards
Support desk experience
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience of QA testing and understanding it place within the development cycle
- Experience with Google Analytics and web marketing tools and techniques
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Magento experience a clear advantage. Preferred Magento 2 experienced
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to handle multiple projects
- Able to handle the entire life cycle of the project
- Effective time management
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- A personable and professional personality that will allow you to build client rapport
- Excellent communicator, impeccable spoken and written English
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and re-prioritise tasks based upon shifting needs of our clients
- Self-confidence, initiative and personal organisation
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Hunger for continued learning
- Someone who thrives in a very process-driven environment
We have a "work from anywhere" policy. This means you can work from your own home or any other location that you want. (Remote)
Dependent upon experience.
Educational Qualification :
Bachelor Degree in IT / Computer or equivalent.
Benefits of Joining OnTap:
Work with Magento Solution Partner
Challenging and Highly Technical Work. M2, BigCommerce and Shopify
5 Days a week working
Work from anywhere
Why work for On Tap?
As a well known and highly regarded agency with a great heritage, On Tap are 100% independently owned and with an international presence, we are at the forefront of one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
We specialise in helping our clients resource their ecommerce projects with staff covering all disciplines:
- Solution specialists
- Solution architects
Internally, we also recruit for:
- Customer success
Our teams enjoy a friendly, open and vibrant environment with a culture of teamwork, integrity, straight talking and accountability. We are stimulated by innovation and the delivery of scalable solutions that deliver real value to our clients.
Our people are our greatest investment. We work hard and enjoy each other's company. As individuals we benefit from the sum of our combined strengths and experiences and together we celebrate our achievements.
On Tap have a number of offices globally in UK, US, Estonia, Russia, India, Sri Lanka and Vietnam - however, our "work from anywhere" policy means you don't have to work from these offices if you don't want to.
About On Tap
We have been delivering Magento solutions since 2007, and as such, On Tap have been the UK's longest serving official Magento Solutions Partner. Since then, we have also developed our skills to provide BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, Prestashop, OpenCart, Akeneo and OroCommerce. In our time so far, we have amassed a portfolio of knowledge and experience of what makes a great ecommerce site.
We have offices in the UK, US, Estonia, Ukraine, India and Sri Lanka - and we serve the entire EMEA, NA and APAC regions.
Job posted on
14 May 2021