Ciklum is looking for an Azure DBA/Data Engineer to join the UA team. You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best best practices.
Client is a proud subsidiary of Vitol, the world’s biggest independent oil trader with 40 offices worldwide. For the last half century, Vitol has served the world’s energy markets efficiently and responsibly, now trading over seven million barrels of crude oil a day, and delivering energy products on a global scale.
Leveraging this credibility, considerable expertise and infrastructure in the world of oil, VavaCars is making a move into the used car marketplace.
Merging the tech and auto worlds Client is building the first of it's kind start-up offering in the world.
To deliver this vision, we have already brought on board some of the best in their field from around the world and now we are on the hunt to find the brightest and the best to scale and grow our teams.
This is a unique opportunity for an Azure DBA/Data Engineer to play an important role in building a new C2B2B online used car marketplace (VavaCars) that leverages our extensive network of petrol stations and worldwide respected brand - Vitol. As a technology first start-up Client ‘Dive Deep’ across all customer and business KPIs. Client believes in detail and thus, use data to optimize processes, drive action and deliver results. The role would suit someone who is passionate about data and enjoys using great software solutions for our business requirements and issues found
● Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
● Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages.
● Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed.
● Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members.
● Interacts with engineering teams to create professional data oriented solutions and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability.
● Analyze and tune performance of the running DB 3code.
● Migrate existed features from MySQL to Azure SQL Database, and from MongoDB to Azure Cosmos DB.
● Design and implement new features according to business needs using Azure SQL Database, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Cache for Redis, and Azure Blob Storage.
● Ensure high quality of data solution by performing self-testing QA practice.
● Work in close cooperation with dev-ops on deployment plans, preparation of migration and rollback scripts, HADR as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of data solution.
● Be a strong advocate for great engineering practices, being pragmatic when balancing best practice against delivery, all the time managing technical debt effectively.
● Collaborate with the team to set up the BI and ETL process.
● Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices.
Requirements (Hard skills requirements):
● 5+ years of professional experience as a Data/DB Developer
● 3+ years of experience coding in SQL and any of the general programming languages, preferably from the .NET family, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
● 2+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems as a data lead
● 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the SQL and NoSQL data warehouses.
● 1+ years of experience in Azuredata platforms.
● Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server and its Azure counterparts, and principles of MPP databases.
● Strong understanding of NoSQL databases and principles of effective work with them.
● Strong knowledge of Azure Cosmos DB with any querying interface (SQL API is preferable) and MongoDB skillset.
● Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software.
● Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization.
● Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization.
● Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation, preferably in Microsoft stack.
● Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
● Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
● Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
● A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
● Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred.
● Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical use cases highly desirable
Desirable (Hard skills):
● Working experience with BI and ETL
● Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
● Experience in data science and machine learning
● Knowledge of Azure ML services
● Experience in backend development and deployment
● Experience in CI/CD configuration and Azure Resource Manager templates
● Good knowledge of data analysis in enterprises
Personal skills (soft skills):
● Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve;
● Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English;
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Good analytical skills;
● Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks;
● Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented;
● Strong attention to details and accuracy.
What's in it for you?
● A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centers of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community.
● Close cooperation with client;
● A constant flow of new projects;
● Dynamic and challenging tasks;
● Ability to influence project technologies;
● Projects from scratch;
● Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills;
● European management style;
● Continuous self-improvement.
About Ciklum International
Ciklum is a top-five global Digital Solutions Company for Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations alike around the world.
Our 3,000+ Developers located in the Delivery Centres across the globe, provide our clients with a range of services including outsourcing software development, Enterprise App Development, Quality Assurance, Security, R&D, Big Data & Analytics.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
11 May 2021