N-iX is looking for a Lead Java Engineer who can become a part of our professional team and contribute new ideas into our company.
Our client, is one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile companies with over three million active customers and operations in six countries. The client is using the mobile virtual network operator business model. As one of their core services, they provide “Pay As You Go” mobile SIM cards, targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers. To cope with rapidly growing business demands our client is launching its R&D center in Lviv and Kyiv, Ukraine, with us.
About the role:
At, talent stands at the heart of success. Therefore, our mission is to help every N-iXer grow, learn, and build an impactful career, wherever they are in their professional journey. Every project we start is challenging, every product we build is changing the world.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Back-end (Java) Engineer to join our team in Kyiv office. Join one of our rock star teams with strong engineering practices and mature scrum processes to help our client (world-known company, one of the largest in the industry) with the digital transformation of solutions, and you’ll never feel stuck in your professional growth.
N-iX partners are located across the world: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, and over 30 other countries. Let’s drive the global change together!
• Leads development efforts to implement a backend Microservices framework
Leads development and maintain of AWS cloud solutions using Java Spring Boot, Docker, Terraform and a mix of open source technologies
• Ensure the smooth deployment of the microservices
• Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
• Perform root cause analysis for production/implementation bugs
• Coordinates and participate with DevOps team in implementation of monitoring and alerting
• Extensive experience developing applications using Java and Java Spring Boot
• Familiarity with Best Practices, Designs and Patterns of Microservices
• Experience working with Spring framework including Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and Spring Integration.
• Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL DB technologies
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with AWS services such as ECS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis Streams, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS.
• Knowledgeable about setup CI/CD pipelines
• Good knowledge of infrastructure side of things
• Good working knowledge of cloud security and web security.
• Good knowledge of API design patterns and web technologies
• Good problem-solving and communication skills, good English
• BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Nice to have:
• Experience with Terraform and cloud containerization
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring, comfy, clean and safe office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meet-ups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more
Founded in 2002, N-iX is a custom software development company with a core business of providing Dedicated Development Team / Own Development Center service. A team of about 200 professionals, with headquarter in Lviv, a tech hub in western Ukraine, we host teams ranging from 5 to 40 developers that work across all technology stacks.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
7 April 2021