ML Research Engineer tasks come from two areas of work: backend development for ML models and management of the infrastructure that supports these models.
You will join the core technology team to evaluate ideas, concepts, build fast prototypes (PoC), conduct research, and experiment daily. We are seeking a team-oriented professional devoted to problem-solving and the R&D environment.
What you’ll do:
• explore new technologies and match them with proposed new ideas, then apply them in quick prototypes
• work closely with researchers, data scientists, data architects, ETL developers to identify, capture, collect, and format data from external sources, internal systems, and the data warehouse to extract features of interest
• deploy trained models and monitor their performance
• wrap models into the scaled backend and provide API for the external use
This job is for you if you:
• have a professional data engineering experience focused on batch and real-time data pipelines using Spark, PySpark, Python (Scala is a plus)
• have a hands-on working experience of Big Data stack including Spark and Python (Pandas is a plus)
• are familiar with DevOps
• have a hands-on design and development experience in data space: data processing/data transformation using ETL tools; data warehouse (data modeling, programming)
• are familiar with Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services
• have experience working in a high-load/high-performance distributed project
• have experience both with async code and with multithreading/multiprocessing
• have a hands-on experience with SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.)
• are an open-minded person willing to work in a dynamic R&D environment
Nice to have:
• Tech Lead or Software Architect experience
• experience with such languages as GoLang/Scala, etc.
• experience in performance analysis, load testing, and modules/system optimization
• experience with cloud deployment
• experience successfully handling a few simultaneous projects
• experience in R&D projects
You can expect:
• brilliant and diligent teammates who comprise a strong ML team
• becoming a part of the journey on discovering the next big thing in AI & ML
fulfilling tasks and projects
• unrivaled professional opportunities
• a full-time role at a comfy office in the Kyiv city center
If you are an ML professional, you live & breathe the startup and R&D culture, let’s talk!
Pawa is not your average VC or incubator. We are both and much more.
Our venture studio builds, funds, and scales up startups. We act as founding investors for entrepreneurs and help with talent recruitment, product development, and day-to-day operations. We have an all-star team of entrepreneurs and ML experts, a capital of US$500k per project, and a network of industry pros.
We can connect young founders with tech companies’ top managers, influential entrepreneurs, European and US investors, as well as renowned ML scientists and researchers. If all the above sounds exciting to you, let’s build the next big thing in machine learning together.
Job posted on
7 May 2021