ColorElephant — a digital studio with 30+ people spread across the globe — is looking to hire an Account/Project Manager capable of handling client communication and project delivery — a great opportunity for someone that is digital savvy and wants to grow.
### What we're looking for...
ColorElephant — a digital studio with 30+ people spread across the globe — is looking to hire an Account/Project Manager capable of handling client communication and project delivery.
You'll work on a select number of projects, ensuring you communicate well and often with our clients, provide them guidance, suggestions, and advice and then act as the "internal client" ensuring the team has the clarity and the message isn't lost. Think of yourself as a client advocate.
The ideal candidate has some technical knowledge (although he/she doesn't need to code) and is comfortable with audio/video calls as well as owning the responsibility of a project's timeline.
You are also a go-getter, pride yourself in working for an organization that puts clients first, and is solution-oriented. You'll have great people skills and a lot of experience managing projects or owning client communications.
### Differences to the role of Account Manager / Project Manager
Internally the work is split between Account/Project Managers and Delivery Managers.
In a nutshell, Delivery Managers have cross-project, internal responsibilities, while Account/Project Managers have external / project specific responsibilities.
The two do work, however, in close collaboration with each other and are both ultimately responsible for delivering our client's project.
You can think of your Delivery Manager counter-part as the person more closely managing the internal team and the day-to-day tasks to reach the objectives you set with the client. They prepare sprints, enforce the sprints, run standups and identify bottlenecks while adding a bit more technical detail to the requirements.
You'll handle client communication and expectation setting, gather requirements and push internally any of the client's communication or information. Together, you'll build the scope, the project plan (with milestones resulting from your input) and then execute it.
These roles aren't set in stone and we look forward to feedback, input on how to make collaboration more effective.
### Expected Activities
- Fully own client communication, ensuring our clients get accurate, frequent updates and any deviation from plans is promptly communicated and mitigated.
- Define and set expectations both internally and externally. Ensure the level of delivery the client is expecting is aligned with what the team, led by the Delivery Manager, is set to deliver. Adjust internal or external expectations to match reality.
- Own the project plan — you must be able to recite deadlines, milestones and upcoming deliverables so you are always on top of these, internally and externally.
- Gather requirements (at a business level) from the client. Make sure there is clarity from the team on what we want to build. Relay team questions and ensure both sides are aligned.
- Communicate, often and clearly, internally on decisions and input from the client (e.g. we require a meeting summary to be written).
- Co-build the scope with the Delivery Manager and the client. The scope is what ultimately sets expectations on what (and sometimes, how) will be built.
- Join daily standups with the team to get updates on project or relay information. Do at least a weekly call with client.
- Ensure project documentation is being created and maintained by all relevant team members.
- Keep boards, documentation up to date.
- Although QA would have done the vast majority of the work, you should ultimately test all releases to ensure what we are delivering is what the client expects.
- Continuously assessing working methods and processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Work in close collaboration with the Delivery Manager;
- Work as some sort of digital strategist, leveraging the team's knowledge to make recommendations that move the needle in the quality of the client's project and his/her business;
- At least 2 years experience in a Product Management, Project Management, Account Management, Digital Strategy role;
- Experience in an agency or software house is preferred but not mandatory;
- Experience with software development specially if mobile or web, is mandatory;
- Some level of technical understanding (coming from exposure to technical projects for a long-while or background in engineering);
- Fluent in english (spoken and written) is a must;
- Ability to come up with your suggestions and improvements to current processes...
- ... but also the ability to stick with processes long enough to see if they're working;
- Entrepreneurial, self-started, get things done mentality;
- A great sense of responsibility and pride in delivering projects;
- Ability to work with others and accept their contributes, strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to work from or travel to Portugal and other parts of Europe is not a requirement, but strongly preferred;
- Hands on experience with project management software, like Trello, Asana or ClickUp. Brownie points for Clickup experience (as we use it);
- Ability to handle and think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
- Ability to communicate clearly with others, namely clients, and fully own communication.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Communication and team management skills
- All of these things people ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude;
### Our Offer
- The challenge that enables you to grow, while having the opportunity to shape the future of a growing organisation;
- Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
- Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or... ) :-)
- Competitive Salary for position and location;
- Bonuses for performance indicators we'd mutually agree;
- Health Plan and/or Deductions
- Flexible vacation/days off policy
- Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
- Yearly Bonuses Program
- Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
- Continuous Training (both on site and online)
- Attend Annual Company retreat abroad
- Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
- Plenty of Growth Opportunities
- The opportunity to join an unique and growing company with a 200% growth record for the past 3 years;
- Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
- A growing team full of talent
We’re a talented and diverse team of entrepreneurs, project managers, designers, testers and engineers sweating the details to passionately design, build and ship digital projects. We’re not your “contractors” or “resources” — we’re your partners to deliver ROI-driven, thoughtful and robust products that materialize your vision.
This job is no longer active.