Helping with our client's business with continuous improvement. It is getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. In 2020 they operate in 13 countries with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
They want to be the definitive food company – the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. They are transforming the way people think about food. They are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what, when, and where they want it. They work with riders, restaurants, and consumers. They operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
From our candidate, we expect solid experience and knowledge in the following technologies:
- 3 or more years of professional background with Ruby, Ruby on Rails
Golang & Python (as an advantage)
- TDD environments (RSpec, Minitest, Capybara, Selenium)
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- Front End web technology, bonus points for React
- AWS services (EC2, Lamda, ECS, S3 bucket)
- Web architecture at scale (20krpm and above)
- PostGIS, or any geography-heavy applications
- 'NoSQL' data back ends (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Kafka or Rabbit MQ (as a benefit)
- Bonus points for experience with Docker and Kubernetes, Terraform, cloud databases
- Solving logistical problems with software
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- An agile team passionate about utilizing emerging technologies and delivering high quality and timely code
- Cross-functional global teams to define, design, develop and deliver new features as well as optimize existing code
- Continuous exploration, evaluation, and incorporation of new technologies into our products and processes to improve development efficiency
- Delivering quality software solution using Agile development cycle
- Analyzing and resolving performance, stability, and security issues
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Support your technical and personal growth – we have a dedicated career plan for all roles in our company
- Enjoy flexible working hours – whether you are a morning bird or a sleepy-head, it is ok with us
- Take part in internal and external events where you can build and promote your personal brand
- Give you access to experienced specialists willing to share their knowledge
- Show you our casual atmosphere – no dres' code
- Care about your individual initiatives – we are open for them, just come and share your ideas
- Share many other advantages with you such as attractive salary, modern office, a package of benefits, language classes
SoftServe is the largest Ukrainian IT company, a team of 8000+ thinkers and makers, true professionals and good people. We like what we do and do it well. For us, that means a lot.
From engineering to architecture, business analytics to project management, artificial intelligence to customer support solutions, and so much more — choose from a variety of paths and grow your dreams.
Our company isn’t just about technology — it’s about open-minded people who love technology, and use it to extend boundaries and connect people, businesses and ideas for the better. We encourage that passion by helping our employees not only build great careers but live great lives.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
31 March 2021