The Lead SDET will play a critical role in the Engineering department and contribute to the overall quality of the
products built at Casting Network. You will work with our QA team in driving test strategies towards major initiatives
and continuous product development.
The Lead SDET will play a critical role in the Engineering department and contribute to the overall quality of the products built at Casting Network. You will work with our QA team in driving test strategies towards major initiatives and continuous product development. Support manual QA testing efforts in the conversion of manual test cases into automated ones. Lead the design and review of test cases and test code to ensure we follow best practices in test design. The test scripts should be updated to reflect industry trends as well as enhancements made to the software or app in order to meet new technology or business demands. Daily activities include working directly with our amazing Automation QA team to design and develop automated tests and ensure that website functionality is correct, documenting and reporting software defects, collecting quality assurance metrics and reporting to help drive the overall quality assurance strategy.
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to drive a number of Casting Networks products forward and team up with Product teams: you'll gain exposure to a variety of products and engineering teams and learn about how Casting Networks is a leading the way in building Casting platforms
• Join a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are our priority. We're always to use the best technologies available to solve real world problems
• A front-row seat to the casting industry, insights and perspectives on how they work, and the opportunity to build software that helps shape their future direction
You’ll need to have:
• Solid experience with CucumberJS, WebdriverIO, Mocha, Chai and other JS based testing frameworks, as well as understanding of common design patterns in test automation such as Page objects, Singleton, Builders
• Knowledge with application UI (React), API (GraphQL) automation testing tools, BDD automation tools, monitoring tools, performance testing tools, and automation technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels
• In depth experience of QA tools and methodologies related to various components of analytics software, including functionality, infrastructure, performance, scalability, integrations, and user interface
We’d love to see:
• Promote and develop QA best practices with regard to test prioritization, defect life-cycle, standardization of test descriptions, etc.
• Own and lead testing for a web application product, including test strategy development, identifying risks, determining roadmap for automated testing
• Open mindset to receive constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
• Willingness to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and a flexible, “outside the box” approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you!
About Casting Networks
Casting Networks International (CNI) is the leading SaaS provider of casting, booking and audition management software to the entertainment and modeling industries worldwide. Casting directors and agents use CNI to source, book and manage talent across film, television, commercial, digital, and print projects, facilitating over a million auditions per year. CNI is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Sydney, Cape Town, Poland, Ukraine, and India.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
26 March 2021