Our client is the UK startup that united a team of clinicians and technologists lead by a profound vision - to connect healthcare for everyone, first for professionals, then for patients.
The mission of product built is to bring together the largest network of healthcare professionals in the world, to improve the way they communicate with each other along with the way they communicate with their patients. The team is working on two healthcare products - one of them is a secure, intelligent mobile platform that empowers health professionals to share healthcare information seamlessly across the UK's National Health Service and beyond; and second one is a mobile application that connects parents with qualified pediatricians for child healthcare concerns.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to work as a core part of the engineering team. The code you write will ship directly into the hands of over 60k clinicians, improving the quality of patient care that can be delivered around the world.
Working alongside a team that is passionate about delivering a great product experience you will be responsible for the design and development of new features in our product and contributing to our efforts to analyze and improve communication within the healthcare setting. You will play an active role in identifying and reducing technical debt as well as helping to improve development practices throughout the engineering organization.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Build efficient back-end features in Python;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Integration of data storage solutions;
- Integrate front-end components into applications;
- Prepare technical documentation;
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Considerable experience building and maintaining production systems (+5 years);
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask;
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries;
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Good understanding of server-side templating;
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Strong unit test and debugging skills;
- Upper-intermediate or advanced level of English.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance;
- Experience in public sector environments, ideally health tech;
- Experience working with mission-critical systems;
- Experience with other programming languages.
Project tech stack:
- Python, Node.js, TypeScript. React, ExpressJS, Swift, Kotlin;
- Docker, GitLab, Terraform, New Relic, Sentry.
Intellias is a challenge-driven software engineering company, based in Ukraine (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv) and locally represented in Berlin, Germany.
Since 2002, we've been helping leading technology companies from EU and North America to create their software products by building and operating world-class engineering teams in Eastern Europe for them
DOU company page:
Job posted on
25 March 2021