The team you are supposed to join is responsible for the development of Networking software packages on top of SDK.
The team you are supposed to join is responsible for the development of Networking software packages on top of SDK. The goal is to have a fully functional L3 device solution that can be installed on Linux running on a network hardware switch in order to provide optimal performance for cluster computing, enterprise data centers, and cloud computing.
The customer develops the product line using its own silicon to provide a complete stack for global companies data centers (such as Facebook, Alibaba, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.). On this project, PLVision’s team is developing SAI (Switch Abstraction Interface) and integrating an innovative network operating system, SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud), with customer’s hardware. Our customer is a US-Israeli innovative semiconductor startup.
PLVision is a software R&D firm, specializing in solutions for Computer Networking, Embedded Systems, and the Internet of Things Connectivity, that operates on the global market since 2007.
• Design and develop new software packages/protocols
• Maintain existing functionality of the rich Embedded Networking Application
• Perform research and analysis to make optimal solution decisions
• Ensure release quality for complex Linux based Networking solutions
• Full cycle development methodology (from design to final delivery to customers - high scale data centers)
- 4+ years of commercial experience in Software engineering, namely Embedded Application Development
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with cross-platform application development
- Knowledge of Linux as a working environment
- Basic knowledge of such scripting languages as Bash/Python
- Experience with Make/Automake build tools
- Knowledge of technical English at Intermediate level and higher
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good communication skills, ability to work in a team
- Customer orientation, motivation and flexibility
Vacancy plus options:
- Good understanding of L2/L3 Networking
- Hands-on experience with Ethernet Switches: Cisco/Arista/Juniper L2 & L3 Switches & Routers
- Experience with Layer 2 or Layer 3 Networking protocols configuration/implementation
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, RIP, etc. routing protocols, TCP/IP, ARP, DHCP, etc. would be a big advantage
- Experience in virtualization/containerization technologies
- Linux Networking skills
WHO WE ARE
We are a software R&D firm, specializing in Computer Networking, Embedded Development, and the Internet of Things. Basically, PLVision is an external innovation lab — not a classic outsourcing company.
Our focused technology expertise makes us a strategic, long-term partner of choice for global networking industry leaders and innovators since 2007.
We have unique experience working in total with 5 out of the top 10 switch silicons (chips) and, also, strong expertise in various open source network operating systems (NOSes) like SONiC, Stratum, and more.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
23 March 2021