We're looking for a superstar engineer for our partner company Tucows, to help design and develop services and features using modern technologies to deliver reliability, scalability, testability, and security.
The experience you will bring...
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated performance tuning skills
- Experience with MySQL, or similar
- Familiarity with using version control systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Very good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is one of the largest domain wholesaler in the world with Millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We’re doing all kinds of interesting things including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting) and building fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with Shopify, Squarespace and many others (Hover). Today, Tucows employs over 600 people and services millions of customers around the world.
Nice to have...
- Experience with JSON specification
- Experience with API application development
- Perl knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind).
- An account on Github.com with samples of your code.
Starkflow is the #1 platform for hiring and paying SaaS talent globally. It is a platform where candidates get matched with the jobs they love. We take care of legal work, taxes, payments and other stuff you shouldn’t puzzle over. You can only focus on doing your job and not worry about compliance.