A growing team needs another Scrum Master to work with teams in pairs and complexity, inspire them and lead them forward to success
This role is a specialist senior role in the organization; focusing on driving the maturity of the process, delivery, initiatives and practices in alignment with Agile Values and Principles of the Engineering Team. This role as Scrum Master will be counted on to coach, guide and align staff in the next level of Agile Practice Maturity.
• This role reports to the Vice President of Operations.
• This role works with the Engineering Leadership Team; Product Owners, Team Leads, Tech Leads and Test Leads.
• This role works with all members of the Scrum Teams, to ensure that the process of Scrum is invested by all parties within the organization.
• This role works with the Release Manager and Leads during release to ensure the delivery of the product from Development to Production.
• This role also works with the Sr. Architect and Dev Ops Managers to help drive maturity of the process.
• This role will work with the Test Manager to facilitate a contribution to Testing.
The Scrum Master responsibilities of this role include:
• Manage, coach and train the team on the process indicated by incorporating Agile practices into daily activities.
• Foster and encourage team work through the use of Agile practices including all Scrum Ceremonies.
• Support the sprint release delivery cadence with effective practices and techniques used by senior Scrum Masters.
• Clear obstacles during the sprint, report on these in retrospectives.
• Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
Focus for Achievement:
Working with the Product Owner
• Ensuring that goals, scope, acceptance criteria and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team.
• Coach the Scrum Team to ensure clear and concise Product Backlog items for Grooming and Sprint planning sessions.
• Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed.
Working with the Development Teams
• Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
• Helping the Development Team to create acceptance criteria that is understood by all.
• Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
• Facilitating Scrum events as required.
Working with the Organization
• Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption.
• Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum in additional areas of the organizational structure where applicable.
• 3+ Years of Scrum Master in Software Development
• Strong verbal English communication skills (B2 or higher)
• High demand for experience of communication with SME
• Ability to persuade or find ways to influence people
• Bachelor of Science in Technology/Engineering
• QA experience
• Team Lead experience
We offer a generous remuneration package that includes:
Competitive Contract Employment Salary Opportunities. A competitive salary range in the Contract Employees market
A yearly bonus award based on the achievement of the team and the company
Health and Wellness Package
11 Company Paid Public Holidays
3 Weeks/15 Days PTO (Paid Time Off) package for every starting Contract Employee, to take at their discretion
12.5 Days or 100 hours of Flexible LTO (Learning Paid Time Off) package for our staff for training
Sick leave days
A friendly, working environment and in a clean and comfortable office space in a convenient location, walking distance from the metro
Daily snacks, coffee, and tea
The weekly company-paid team lunches
Quarterly social outings
Company-sponsored picnics in the park
Yearly holiday celebrations
About Restaurant Magic Software
We are developer of Data Central®, an industry leading ERP product for multi-store restaurant enterprises. Data Central encompasses a wide range of platform features such as centralized database multi-tier platform, smart client as well as browser client deployment, Android and iOS platform extensions, web-services extensions, transactional reporting engine and OLAP reporting services.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
7 April 2021