We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Engineer who would like to work with a top-notch technology stack in a friendly and cozy atmosphere for one of the greatest retail companies in the USA.
- Support the development and evolution of our data warehouse and BI platform.
- Partner with the BI Manager, Data and BI Engineers, Program Managers and Analysts on building a best-in-class suite of tools and reporting mechanisms to bring the most salient, insightful data more directly into key business functions.
- Design and implement modernized ETL and data processing solutions through modernized cloud-based solutions (S3, Redshift, etc) and deprecate legacy on-premise solutions (Oracle, etc)
- Develop data integration solutions leveraging multiple disparate sources.
- Continual performance tuning and capacity planning for future growth potential.
- Integrates broad working knowledge in related disciplines to create integrated technical innovations/ solutions for complex business situations
- Classical Data Warehouse, Data structures, Data marked, Data profiling
- Experience with Teradata
- 5+ years of experience writing advanced SQL
- Experience with one of Java, Python or Scala
- Experience with Spark
Nice to have:
- Cloud Computing Experience (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Hadoop
Why is Nordstrom one of the greatest? Founded in 1901, it prospered through two world wars, Spanish flu, Great Depression, the 2020 pandemic and still produces the highest quality products and service for their customers.
Nordstrom is based in Seattle with a technology orientation rooted in Silicon Valley. You will work with the cleverest minds, who are eager to build superb services to match business requirements and win market share.
And then there's Zoolatech! Just imagine a workplace and a team environment that you never want to leave once you have found it. Sound enticing? Apply to our position today and we can get you there.
Speaking about the core of Nordstrom analytics, Nordstrom Data Technology is pivotal to the Nordstrom customer experience. As a Senior Data Engineer you will own the design and build the next generation of the Nordstrom Data & Analytical Services and deliver on the strategic vision of Customer focused features and services to enhance “The Nordstrom Customer Service Excellence”.
A Senior Data Engineer is a key part of Nordstrom Technology team that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions.
Your are perfect candidate if you have an experience in data transformation and modeling.
These are the technologies used in our project: Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop cluster, AWS, TeraData, Tableau
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.
SQL / DBA