We are looking for a passionate Backend Engineer who would like to work with a top-notch technology stack in a friendly and cozy atmosphere for one of the greatest retail companies in the USA.
• Actively participate in a full-stack team prepared to meet evolving customer needs
• Collaborate with Product, Program and other engineering teams to deliver best-in-class solutions
• Embrace the DevOps model by owning the end-to-end technology and infrastructure stack
• Analyze technology to identify and proactively pay down technical debt in key areas
• Anticipate and remove blockers that are impeding the team’s success
• Ensure the application/system health, striving for minimal defects and downtime
• Advocate for data driven decision making, so we prioritize the right work
• Mentor more junior engineers, recognizing strengths and opportunities
• Bachelors in Computer Science or closely related degree
• Experience in designing and delivering web based services and applications
• Strong experience in operational excellence (health monitoring, operational metrics)
• Great design and problem solving skills, with strong bias for engineering excellence
• Good knowledge of software engineering practices, SDLC, build process and operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Object-Oriented Programming Language (Java required, C#, C++, etc.)
• Cloud Platforms (AWS preferred, Azure, and/or GCP)
• Database Tech (Dynamo, Mongo, SQL Server, and/or Oracle)
• Data Streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
• Version Control (Git, TFS, etc.)
• Project Management Tools (Jira, Microsoft Project, etc.)
• CI/CD (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Pipelines, etc.)
• node.js would be nice to have
Why is Nordstrom one of the greatest? Founded in 1901, it prospered through two world wars, Spanish flu, Great Depression, the 2020 pandemic and still produces the highest quality products and service for their customers.
Nordstrom is based in Seattle with a technology orientation rooted in Silicon Valley. You will work with the cleverest minds, who are eager to build superb services to match business requirements and win market share.
And then there's Zoolatech! Just imagine a workplace and a team environment that you never want to leave once you have found it. Sound enticing? Apply to our position today and we can get you there.
The Customer Communications & Privacy team designs, implements, and supports the systems that enable transactional customer communications (email/SMS/phone) and customer data access/delete requests. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions whilst having fun. To support our ambitions, we are recruiting a qualified Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team. Qualified candidates must be able to contribute to an inspiring workplace where talented people feel empowered to drive amazing customer experiences and business results for Nordstrom.
Zoolatech is a boutique service provider, specializing in high-end software development. We are based in Silicon Valley with a Development Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Although ZoolaTech is a relatively young player on the Eastern European market, we have deep roots and years of experience of working within Ukrainian and American high tech industries. The size of our clientele varies from Fortune 500 to inspiring startups. We are not an outsourcer in a traditional sense, rather we specialize in helping our Clients scale by extending their teams to Eastern Europe.
Over the years, we have learned that in our industry people are the most important asset, and so we treat our employees as such. We set our working environment in a way that allows individuals thrive and grow professionally, as well as personally. As much as we are dedicated to providing the best possible services to our Clients, we are just as dedicated to helping our Employees reach their professional dreams and ambitions.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.