We are looking for a Lead UE4 Architect to join our team at Vilmate.
Our company (vilmate.com) is over 100-strong, close-knit, and highly professional software development team based in Kharkiv and Kyiv. We have been engaged in delivering bespoke software to North-American and Western-European clients since 2012 and are equally experienced in web and mobile development.
Our Los Angeles customer has dedicated over 25 years of his life to creating VR products. He was one of the key people in the creation of the Oculus. He later entered the advisory board of a new virtual reality production company, worked together with an art director of the Avatar movie, alongside Steven Spielberg and some other celebrities.
The customer has developed a platform for creating and distributing immersive digital worlds that will provide millions of users with access to live music events happening around the world from the comfort of their own homes.
They virtualize social music by taking a physical representation and rendering the performer as a photorealistic digital avatar performing live in a 3D fully immersive virtual venue.
By replicating a performer, DJ, artist, or singer as an avatar along with equipment, they virtualize the entire performance and experience from top to bottom, providing infinite audience scalability beyond the four walls of a traditional venue.
As a Lead UE4 Architect you will tackle the interactive realm by designing and implementing game systems that will keep the Redpill VR participants engaged in various types of activity. Oversee architecture of all our game systems, partner with game designers and other programmers to understand core mechanics that need to be created, then work with a team of engineers to make them a reality. The fun factor will rest in your hands.
• Oversee the development of core game systems.
• Collaborate with design and engineering teams.
• Mentor junior programmers as needed.
• Ensure code optimization occurs at key intervals.
• R&D any SDKs, tools, etc. that could accelerate the development pipeline.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering in an accredited college or university.
• 5 years of experience as a Game Programmer or similar role.
• 3 years of development experience in UE4.
• Ability to identify risks, determine contingencies, and offer mitigation plans.
• Familiarity with multiple engineering disciplines.
• Previous experience with overseeing the development of gameplay systems.
• Great interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
• Adaptable to evolving corporate culture.
• Experience as a graphics and/or systems programmer is a plus.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Flexible working hours.
• Vacation – 20 working days’ annual leave.
• Paid sick days.
• A personal laptop with all the essential software installed.
• State holidays are granted.
• Corporate accountant and lawyer services.
• Bureaucracy-free and transparent management.
• Costs related to participation in workshops and professional conferences are covered (up to 50% coverage).
• Сorporate events 2 times a year and team building.
Our company (vilmate.com) is a nearly 100-strong, close-knit and highly professional software development team based out of Kharkiv and Kyiv, Ukraine. We have been engaged in delivering bespoke software to North-American and Western-European clients since 2012 and are equally experienced in Web and mobile development.
Vilmate’s distinctive features as a company are an impressive and impeccable project delivery track record, a very large share of senior software engineers in our development team, an extremely low employee turnover and broad experience of delivering consulting solutions to clients in various business niches.
Since our company’s founding 8 years ago, we have seen an annual growth rate of 25%. Our client roster has been growing just as fast. Today, we pride ourselves on having created software that is used by some of Western Europe’s industry-leading retail and other brands.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
23 February 2021