Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice and data to telecom providers around the world.
Harmonic EDGE team works on developing the industry’s first software-based CCAP solution (“CableOS”). This solution allows cable operator companies to deliver the IP-based data, video, and voice services to millions of customers.
GlobalLogic team is involved in development, manual and automated testing, as well as in solution integration at customers’ head.
- Opportunity to work in the team of domain professionals promoting high working standards.
- Experience in support of world leading Cable Operators and Multiple-System Operators (MSOs) across the globe.
- Comprehensive training in areas of Digital Video, DOCSIS, Networking.
- Hands-on experience in development, maintenance and support of modern embedded systems (Linux-based).
- Work with cutting-edge networking solutions employing latest NFV and SDN technologies
- Work in multicultural development and support teams spread across continents.
- Visits to customers in Western Europe and USA for troubleshooting complex technical support cases and performing system integration activities
1) Experience with support of Linux based operating systems.
We expect that you know:
- how systemd works (systemctl, journalctl)
- main networking tools (ifconfig, netstat, iptables)
- how to work with file system (fsck, fstab, mount, lsblk)
- how to identify and troubleshoot performance issues on the system
- basic bash scripting (while, for, sed, awk, timeout, printf)
2) Experience with support of networking environment.
We expect that you:
- have good experience with tcpdump and wireshark
- know OSI model with detailed description of each layer
- have good DHCP understanding (messaging, relays, optional fields)
- know on the basic level main routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
- have good understanding on how packets/frames traverse the network (MAC tables, ARP, encapsulation/decapsulation)
- have basic understanding of IGMP + PIM
3) Experience in customer support/product support activities:
- good spoken English (you don't have issues with holding long technical discussions)
- deep cooperation with R&D department
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Salesforce / Jira / Confluence
- Knowledge of Zabbix / Grafana
- Expereince with PostgreSQL / Prometheus
- Python scripting (telebot, pyzabbix)
- Black-Box testing
- Experience with Pacemaker / RabbitMQ / GlusterFS
- Understanding of DOCSIS
- Be responsible for providing technical support (mostly tier 2) in assigned product areas to Harmonic’s regional customer support engineers and, when necessary, customers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex system problems involving Harmonic and associated equipment;
- Work closely with Tier 1 Support on technical support cases of various complexity;
- Work closely with SW Engineering, HW Engineering, QA and Customer Integration teams in order to troubleshoot complex customer scenarios;
- Coordinate both hardware and software upgrades to the existing Harmonic customer base;
- Participate with Engineering and Marketing in product focused bug reviews to provide Customer Support input on severity and priority in the customer’s environment.
GlobalLogic is a full-lifecycle product development services leader that combines chip-to-cloud software engineering expertise and vertical industry experience to help our customers design, build, and deliver their next-generation products and digital experiences. By leveraging Agile / Lean MVP methods, cutting-edge technologies, and an integrated approach to experience design and complex engineering, we empower global brands such as Microsoft, BMC, Coca Cola, Samsung, Physio Control, and Roku to develop the “next big thing” in their markets. GlobalLogic is headquartered in Silicon Valley and operates design and engineering centers around the world, where we are continuously recognized as a top innovator and employer by organizations like Zinnov and Glassdoor.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.