Waverley is seeking a self-motivated Software Delivery Manager / Tech Lead to join our rapidly growing development team. This position is for someone who makes great technical decisions at a rapid pace.
You enjoy working closely with customers and know how to manage customer relationships to achieve the best results. Planning and organizing are two of your strong characteristics and you are able to see the bigger picture. Then read below:
About the Client:
Our client is the savvy and fast growing Boston startup with the primary focus on modern marketing and branding technologies. Company works on a variety of SaaS tools and platforms to revolutionize how brands bring their content journeys to life delivering an immersive customer experience.
Our client’s flagship product “Creator” is a visual experience creation platform. It is used by leading brands and companies to empower their Marketing & Branding teams to create and publish beautiful campaigns, regardless of design experience. Their customers are leveraging Creator tools to build content that inspires, that delights, that educates, and more. From buying guides, to quizzes, to lookbooks, and everything in between.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Partner with the CTO and Senior team members in Boston for planning, execution, and success of technical milestones.
- Drive Architectural decisions using solid software fundamentals.
- Build the efficient and performing development process using Agile and Engineering best practices
- Provide clear status reporting and manage expectations. Ensure process and communication transparency and focus on the result
Our Products Technology Stack:
- React JS and Backbone JS
- Storybook JS for UI components
- Java 11 Spring
- Boot microservices using Zuul
- Dockerized environments
- MongoDB and MySQL
- Entirely hosted on AWS, deployed via Jenkins
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience, strong background in software engineering
- Solid experience with front-end software development using React.js and Typescript.
- Proven experience leading and mentoring the Agile Engineering Teams
- Experience in hands-on Solutions Architecture and technical leadership
- Experience with modern web technology and web based RESTFul APIs.
- Experience with Agile project management: SCRUM, People management & team building, project status reporting and risk management
- Troubleshooting skills (patience and determination to find and solve problems)
- Experience decomposing the problem, estimating and providing the roadmap with further managing the expectations on deliveries
- Understanding of the quality gates of the project and their impact on SDLC
Nice to have:
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Web Page Speed Optimization, ADA Best practices and SEO Optimization
- Experience with Content Management and eCommerce platforms – for example: Magento, Shopify, Salesforce/Demandware, BigCommerce , etc
-Experience with back-end software development using a modern OO language (Java preferred) and MVC Framework.
About waverley software
Waverley is a multinational software engineering company building award-winning software products for both renowned tech giants and innovative startups globally.
• 70+% Senior technical staff;
• HQ in Silicon Valley, offices in Ukraine and Vietnam;
• 100% of team members are allowed to work from anywhere, literally;
• Startup engineering culture, the latest technologies.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
18 February 2021