Experience: 3+ years
Location: Kyiv and remote
English: Intermediate and above
Project: Advertising industry, Product company in London
Hey! Joining the award-winning Data Science team will give you the chance to work with the latest Machine Learning techniques using cutting-edge frameworks such as Neural nets with PyTorch, NLP using Zero-shot learning and BERT, or Optimisation models that run on huge datasets with billions of data points.
The size of our datasets means that you will also be working with our experienced data team, led by published authors, to distribute and produce your models. You’ll be part of a fast-paced agile team, ideating, researching, inventing, developing, and maintaining all ML/DL models and artificial intelligence. With award-winning data scientists from multidisciplinary backgrounds, across Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Psychology, we are a friendly, passionate group of data scientists making a career out of building great products for our customers.
Our team is revolutionizing the search advertising industry, and our patented technology is a market leader in competitive intelligence. We are prototyping new learning algorithms that underpin our core product, used by some of the world's biggest brands. The team focuses on inventing new data-driven features and helping customers better understand their competitive search landscape (e.g. click-through rates, spend estimates, ad copy effectiveness.) These are challenging, unsolved data problems applicable to thousands of major enterprises globally.
Our data science culture is underpinned by sharing knowledge, coaching, and growing together. You will have the opportunity to explore/innovate new technologies, mentor data scientists, and lead R&D initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you love data, writing code, learning cutting-edge new technologies, solving problems, and winning as a team.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, numerate discipline from a leading university or equivalent practical experience.
● Commercial hands-on data science experience developing statistical, machine learning, and deep learning methods, such as search queries classification, named entity recognition and domain knowledge graphs, optimization, etc.
● Strong understanding of recent exciting advances in NLP such as pre-trained language models, contextualized word embeddings, attention, and novel neural network architectures
● Confident writing production-quality code preferably in Python and SQL
● Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
● Passion for Data Science, actively seeking out opportunities for learning and development.
● Experience with PyTorch and related application frameworks. Additional experience with high-performance cloud computing services (e.g. Amazon AWS) would be beneficial.
● Experiences in computational advertising related tasks, such as ads response (click or conversion) prediction, bid-landscape (forecasting, supply-demand (forecasting, or advertising metrics and measurement
● Good knowledge using 3rd party data (e.p. Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Omniture Analytics, Adobe Campaign, etc.) would be an advantage
● Able to present complicated data insights and strategic recommendations within a fast-paced Agile environment
● Rapidly design, prototype, and experiment possible machine learning and deep learning algorithms to solve real-world problems in a highly ambiguous environment of search advertising
● Maintain and enhance existing ML and Al models including resolution of client issues related to any
● Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to integrate successful solutions into large-scale, highly complex production systems
● Facilitate thought leadership and best practices on data science across the business to continually improve the
existed approaches and values
● Effectively communicate data (Endings and helps team/business make data-driven decisions)
● Take ownership and pride in the products we build and always make sure they are of the highest standard
● Be empathetic towards team members and customers
Benefits and Perks:
● Startup Engineering culture
● Good work/life integration (flexible working)
● Untracked annual leave
● Stock options from day one
● Individual coaching program
● Monthly Hackdays
● Team lunch every Friday
● Pension scheme
● Modern office space with on-site shower
● Perkbox Memberships
● Monthly Socials and company-wide retreats
● Free Trainers when you join our team
● Social activities to join in. Regular off-sites, bake-offs, office table tennis tournaments, and much more!
About Data Science UA
We understand that you need more than just a search engine to find IT and technical professionals or to progress your own career, that is why we established Data Scientist UA.
One place connecting business and developers.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
18 February 2021