Company is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a seasoned engineer (individual contributor) to join our Infrastructure team in Kyiv. The team is made up of talented and enthusiastic individuals who have an exceptional amount of experience in the administrating, managing and scaling of large SaaS Platforms. The team works closely with the rest of our Engineering Organization to ensure that the platform powering company remains reliable, performant and secure, 24×7. The right candidate is expected to bring solid systems administration skills that are backed up by an innate understanding of software engineering, with a mindset skewed towards performance analysis, scalability and high availability.
Day to day you’ll find us with our nose in the terminal, using Terraform and Puppet to manage our Debian hosts in a heterogeneous environment of Docker containers and VM's. We rely heavily on Logstash and Prometheus/Grafana to provide the data we need to direct our focus and attention to diagnosing and resolving performance issues across a variety of software built in PHP, Ruby, Scala (JVM) and on occasion, Go.
What you will do:
● A highly experienced software engineer with a curiosity for operations, or an operations engineer that wants to work closely with software engineers to help glue infrastructure and software together.
● Ownership and delivery of strategic infrastructure projects with a heavy collaboration with infrastructure counterparts in Australia and the United States.
● Apply software engineering and SRE principles while leveraging infrastructure automation tools to build, maintain, monitor and operate complex, performant and scalable infrastructure.
● Work in multiple programming languages using the best tool for the job. We primarily work with Ruby, PHP, Lua, HCL, Python, Go and Puppet.
● Use your deep understanding of web and cloud technologies to lead complex projects from specification through to implementation.
● Handle, communicate and direct resources under high-pressure situations.
● Communicate successes or topics of interest both within the team and across the wider engineering organization via blogging, presentations and brown-bags.
● Lead by example and mentor your peers.
● Participate in on-call rotation.
Who You Are:
● You have 7+ years of experience in operations with heavy focus in software development.
● You are an effective communicator capable of working and collaborating with a global team.
● You’re passionate about the quality and integrity of software experiences.
● You have advanced experience in Linux, Networking, Relational and/or Non-Relational Databases
● You have experience with configuration management tools, like Puppet, Cheff, Ansible, Salt, etc.
● You are familiar with infrastructure-as-code tools, be it Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Google Deployment manager.
● You have experience with automated test frameworks like Selenium, PHPUnit, jUnit, RSpec, etc and understand their relative pros and cons.
● You have experience with continuous integration tools like Travis, Circle, Bamboo, Jenkins.
● You have experience testing APIs using Postman, SoapUI, etc.
● Experience with PHP, Scala, Java or Ruby, C/C++ is a plus.
● You thrive working in an agile environment where individuals and interactions matter more than process.
Your own R&D center from scratch fully backed by our back-office services (Real Estate, RPO, Accounting & Legal, etc.).
DOU company page:
Job posted on
16 February 2021