The Access Platform (EdTech start-up company) invites a Director of Product to lead our talented team and help us develop our platform
Job title: Director of Product
Contract type: Full-time
Location: Time zone UTC±2 hours
Able to travel to London/Lviv regularly
English level: Native speaker or business level
Salary: £60,000-£90,000 per year + share options (depending on experience level).
A bit about the job
Technology is at the heart of everything we do, and enables us to solve problems that have never been solved before. Our product and engineering teams take pride in designing, validating, writing, testing and deploying new features on a daily basis.
We are continuing to expand our network of partners globally and accelerate the scaling of our product. This is an exciting opportunity to lead our product function to ensure that we continue to innovate and grow internationally.
You’ll be responsible for owning and running the entire iterative product development process, from ideation through testing and delivery. You’ll learn from our users, whether students, prospective students, or university teams, getting to grips with their problems and what makes them tick. You’ll shape the company’s vision into a strategy-driven product, investigating how best to solve our industry’s problems with technology. As a member of the company’s management team, you’ll work alongside our talented engineering, customer success and partnerships teams to chart TAP’s strategy and fuel our continued international growth.
What you’ll be doing
• Owning TAP’s entire product development cycle;
• Leading, recruiting and training product team members, such as product managers, UX researchers and designers;
• Collaborating across teams to ensure that the product development plan is aligned with the needs of individual business units and the overall company vision;
• Planning routes to internationalisation and expansion of our product and ensuring that we meet the needs of diverse audiences;
• Running our product advisory board in collaboration with customers and industry experts;
• Optimising UX for seamless customer onboarding and implementing a product-led upsell plan;
• Acting as a product evangelist, representing the company at public events in a technical capacity and being the point of contact for solving complex product-related customer queries;
• Researching and anticipating user needs with strategic product development;
• Owning user research, testing and design processes, including collecting and acting on customer feedback and feature suggestions;
• Identifying emerging trends in the sector and keeping on top of the competitive landscape to help inform product development.
You’ll be a good fit if you...
• Love developing and executing product growth, pricing and positioning strategies, following iterative lean product development processes;
• Want to work in a team that values teamwork, learning and collaboration;
have spent 5+ years in senior product management roles, preferably in scaling SaaS businesses;
• Have demonstrated experience leading and scaling product teams in high-growth start-ups, or equivalent in the digital or ventures arm of a leading consulting firm (bonus if you’ve been a founder!);
• Keep up to date on best practice and trends in product management;
• Have experience working with cross-functional international teams;
• Are highly commercial and analytical;
• Are an empathetic and influential communicator, able to lead with your ideas and methods;
• Are ambitious, with high professional standards and lots of determination;
• Enjoy a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is prone to quick changes and an exciting level of uncertainty;
• Have front-end development skills or education sector experience, though neither is strictly necessary.
Perks of the job
• One short-haul flight per year paid for by the company;
• Flexi Fridays in August: work an hour extra Monday to Thursday and leave at lunchtime on Friday;
• 33 day holiday per annum (including bank holidays);
• Team activities including team trips overseas.
About The Access Platform
The Access Platform is an Education Technology company based in London, United Kingdom. We are the global specialists in online recruitment for the Higher Education sector and believe passionately that the best advocates for any university are the members of its community: students, staff, and alumni.
We are currently working with more than 100 universities, colleges around the world. Every month our platform facilitates tens of thousands of messages between student ambassadors and prospective students.
DOU company page:
Job posted on
9 February 2021