About the company/vacancy:
For over 22 years, SMTP.com has been the industry leader in email deliverability and SMTP relay services. The brand’s name is synonymous with the technology that facilitates the internet’s email engine.
SMTP is the solution that powers transactional emails for thousands of reputed brands (e.g., T-Mobile, Virgin Atlantic). SMTP.com is now part of J2 Global Inc. Martech brand (together with iContact, Kickbox and Campaigner Email Marketing): www.j2global.com/brands/martech/
There are two offices in Ukraine: Vozdvyzhenka, Kyiv (technical departments), and Tairovo, Odesa (customer support), with 40+ employees that work for SMTP.com, iContact, Kickbox, or Campaigner.
As part of our continued growth and ambitious roadmap, we are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our Technology department, who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the existing email delivery platform.
A full-time in-house Senior Python Developer position is open in Kyiv. SMTP.com Development team consists of 5 people: 2 Python Developers, 2 QAs, and 1 DevOps. We are expanding our team and looking for 2 Python Developers (1 Senior and 1 Middle).
The complexity we have: a large amount of data, tens of millions of emails, and hundreds of millions of events per day.
In addition to maintaining existing features, we have an ambitious roadmap to develop new features as well as scale our existing design to be robust, decoupled architectural solutions.
- migration legacy components to new tech stack
- implement various features and product integrations
- redesign and optimize crucial systems to increase resiliency (work with business analytics engines, data streaming platforms, etc.)
Tech stack we use:
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB
Frameworks: Celery, FastAPI, Bottle (deprecated, going to be replaced with FastAPI), Asyncio
Deployment/Monitoring: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Ansible, Graphana, Prometheus, Zabbix
- Expert Python 3 knowledge: 5+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge of high-load systems, tasks queues, and message brokers
- Good knowledge of RDBMS like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Good English (confident writing and reading, speaking may be on intermediate level)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical teams both on and off-shore
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced agile environment. A proactive and professional attitude to managing own workload and impediments through to resolution
- Enthusiastic, creative, and capable of producing positive results while working under pressure
- Motivation and ability to suggest and implement improvements to further strengthen the effectiveness of the software
- Thorough understanding and work experience in various software architectural patterns; including, microservices, event-driven architecture, serverless, etc.
Would be a plus:
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Go
- Knowledge and experience with containers, container orchestration, service meshes, and serverless platforms; e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Understanding and experience in security and privacy mechanisms, and relevant industry standards
- Familiarity with MongoDB
- Knowledge of SMTP protocol
The candidate will influence the choice of approaches from the technical and process perspective. Working as part of a scrum team, from a sprint kick off through to reporting bugs and everything in-between, the candidate will be fully engaged in the whole development cycle and be able to make a real difference to the ongoing success of the team.
- As a senior member of the development team, be actively involved in planning, estimation, and execution of sprints for the platform
- As a member of an agile project team, work closely with Product Development, Operations, and other QA team members as part of the daily scrum
- Review product specifications and technical requirements
- Study the business requirements and priorities and reflect them onto the product features and roadmap
- Define infrastructure and deployment environment requirements and share them with the team
- Identify and define non-functional requirements (e.g. security)
- Verify compliance with architectural blueprints, design standards, and relevant industry standards
- Support and facilitate DevOps & Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Write unit tests and code documentation according to current standards
- Write new code, assist in finding bugs and develop bug fixes
- Assist and mentor less senior colleagues
- Flexible work schedule (the team usually starts working around 10-11 am)
- Flexible vacation schedule (up to 29 business days of paid time off in a year, during first 6 months no (paid) time off can be requested)
- Working remotely is occasionally permitted (pre/post-COVID-19: the ability to work from home up to 6 days/month; current situation: in-house work for at least 2 days/week).
- Free English lessons
- Free office parking (subject to availability)
- Free opening (if needed, but only after the trial period end) and dedicated accountant the candidate’s PE (FOP)
- Full PE tax coverage of revenues created by company’s payments
- Company laptop
- Cozy and spacious office with a kitchen and free coffee and snacks
- A transparent assessment and reward policy with a yearly review
- A flat company hierarchy and employee empowerment
- Global and local team building events: idea incubators, project focused bonuses and rewards, off-shore meet-ups, on-site and online seminars and trainings
Sunvery is an agency of dedicated professionals. We care about all small details in the recruitment process to save time of the client and create the best candidate’s experience. Working with us you will feel all the advantages of having business with people that love what they do. It is our job to help you.
Let’s get to know each other to do more and achieve better results.
DOU company page:
This job is no longer active.